Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My First Quilt Top :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-first-quilt-top-t237756.html)

chantillydreams 12-30-2013 04:56 PM

My First Quilt Top :)

4 Attachment(s)
Teaching myself to quilt and just completed my first quilt top :) She's a romantically inspired bed runner on which I embroidered French love sentiments, and tiny meandering roses, as its a gift for my hubby. I used Moda's Midwinter Reds collection, and a narrow border of antique French metis. I had so much fun making it. I started with a pattern from Kathy Brown's book, but wound up adding small squares to the corners, and mitered the wide border. Now I need to figure out what type of batting should use, so I can quilt it. I really don'tknow whatI'm doing as I haven't taken any quiltingclasses. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454019[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454020[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454022[/ATTACH]

M.Elizabeth 12-30-2013 05:03 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the board. No ideas as to quilting techniques.

meyert 12-30-2013 05:10 PM

Yes please do share pictures! I love looking at everyone's pictures. When you post there is an icon on top (by the font and emoticon icon) and its insert image.. click on that and you will be prompted to upload the picture. I have used a few different kinds of batting... I do like Quilters Dream Wool Batting that I purchased from Fabric.com Look in the pictures section and you will get inspired on how to quilt (at least it works that way for me :) )

cherisews 12-30-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by chantillydreams (Post 6482743)

P.s. How can I post pictures to share? I posted them in an album but not sure how to get them into my post?

Hi and welcome to QB! If you go to the "Help" section, there are several guides for posting pictures. There are also guides at the top of the "Pictures" section. The biggest problem most seem to have is the picture is too large to download. You'll probably have to reduce the size of your picture. Good luck!

chantillydreams 12-30-2013 05:15 PM

Thanks Meyert! I am usinga tablet and couldn't see the icon at first LOL, but I've added them now :)

GrammaNan 12-30-2013 05:16 PM

It's lovely. There are smarter quilters than I that will help you with your questions.

nursie76 12-30-2013 05:25 PM

Wow! How beautiful! The embroidery is awesome. I have no suggestions as to the quilting, but I had to tell you that if this is your first top, you are a natural!

chantillydreams 12-30-2013 05:34 PM

Thanks Nursie ;) *******blushing*******

Originally Posted by nursie76 (Post 6482804)
Wow! How beautiful! The embroidery is awesome. I have no suggestions as to the quilting, but I had to tell you that if this is your first top, you are a natural!

chantillydreams 12-30-2013 05:35 PM

Thanks Grammanan! Your dog is cute!

nursie76 12-30-2013 05:47 PM

You are welcome! Please post a pic when it is quilted. I love it!