Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My free fabric find (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-free-fabric-find-t203817.html)

crafty pat 10-21-2012 08:15 AM

How kind of him and how lucky for you. Enjoy all your new fabric.

coffeebreak 10-21-2012 08:17 AM

That's cool. I'd use some of the fabrci and make him a quilt with a label saying "from...(his wife's name) or something like that.

cad_queen_2000 10-21-2012 08:28 AM

Excellent, you are very lucky, and he is very generous! I would make him a special quilt as a thank-you. I think he would appreciate it.

patchsamkim 10-21-2012 09:24 AM

A quilt as a thank-you with a special label would be an awesome gift back to him for his generosity.

Deborahlees 10-21-2012 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim (Post 5601551)
A quilt as a thank-you with a special label would be an awesome gift back to him for his generosity.

What an exellent idea....a must do for sure.

Toni C 10-21-2012 04:46 PM

I have to tell you what my DH said. "Poor guy." I asked you mean the man that lost his wife? He said "no the guy married to the one that got all the stuff" "Why?" I asked "Now he has that stuff all over the house and will probably have to sleep on the couch, no room for him" I said "I thought you meant the elderly man" he said "no, He's got his house back" If yall are interested in sending him get well cards during his hospital stay let me know ;-D

Teddybear Lady 10-21-2012 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by germanquilter (Post 5601397)
Maybe you could make him a quilt and label it "In memory of ..." for his generosity :)

I bet he would really love it. I guess all of us who have a "stash" of fabric need to think about who we want our fabric to go to should something happen to us. I've told my husband to ask my best friend and then my family if they want my stuff. haha

Looking forward to seeing some projects from you.

rj.neihart 10-22-2012 03:07 AM

Sounds like you have been gifted with an early Christmas!

Mona Marie 10-22-2012 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by lap quilter (Post 5601405)
To take this one step further, if you are so inclined, make a small token (maybe a wall quilt) of your appreciation for this man using some of the fabrics with an "In memory of" label on the quilt.

I was thinking the same thing about a memory quilt for him to remember her by and to show him how much I appreciate
his generosity.

Mona Marie 10-22-2012 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Toni C (Post 5602458)
I have to tell you what my DH said. "Poor guy." I asked you mean the man that lost his wife? He said "no the guy married to the one that got all the stuff" "Why?" I asked "Now he has that stuff all over the house and will probably have to sleep on the couch, no room for him" I said "I thought you meant the elderly man" he said "no, He's got his house back" If yall are interested in sending him get well cards during his hospital stay let me know ;-D

Your husband does not have to worry about that "poor guy". I am a widow but I live in a small apartment!