Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-goal-week-do-you-have-any-goals-week-t52912.html)

quiltinghere 07-05-2010 03:55 AM

Going to post a goal I made up for myself yesterday in the hopes that it'll help me be accountable for it and accomplish it.

MY GOAL:
Iron the HUGE HUGE HUGE piles of fabrics sitting in baskets. They're recently purchased and have been washed and dried. I'm really tired of looking at the mess.

HOW WILL I MAKE IT HAPPEN?
Iron *at least* 30 minutes 2 times a day (longer if I have more time on days off).

Do you have a goal for this week?

sewcrafty 07-05-2010 04:08 AM

Where I do all my sewing is in the sunroom and its not AC'd and its going to be 95 today! :shock: Won't be ironing unless I move everything to the main part of the house which is definitely looking like more of an option at this point. :-D Coolest day for the week is 88! :shock: At least I have my applique.

topper1 07-05-2010 04:26 AM

work on denim rag quilt, work on bowtucks purse, work on sweatshirt jacket, just to start. :lol:

pollyjvan9 07-05-2010 04:30 AM

Put binding on 3 quilts, work on OBW a little more, quilt & bind Oh What a Beautiful MOrning, put us all fabrics I have pulled in the last week and not returned to their stack. I am going to bookmark this and see how much I get accomplished by next Monday, July 12th. Good luck everyone.

isnthatodd 07-05-2010 04:30 AM

Finish binding the last 3 blocks for the reunion quilt, paint the dowel rods for the backs and attach them with ribbon. Get the guest bedroom cleared out so it can be painted. Cut out and sew a magician's cape for my granddaughter.

ckcowl 07-05-2010 04:35 AM

get the binding on my sister's quilt; get borders on (2) round robins' (both of which are late) get a baby quilt quilted that arrived on saturday, get a king size quilt quilted that's been (waiting) for 2 weeks already; get my summer table runner made and a july doll quilt; mail out packages that are waiting patiently; ....put together a package for my secret (sister) for the month...
boy, and if there is any time left...i am behind on a couple other quilts ... need to get back to piecing.
and of course work between 40 & 50 hours (so i can afford this habit of mine ;)

Cornelia 07-05-2010 04:36 AM

I would love to finish sewing grandmas bag, hope it will get colder so that i can finish it

janRN 07-05-2010 04:36 AM

Start the baby quilt for a young couple in China who are expecting their first child in Sept. I'm so nervous that it's not going to turn out well that I keep moving the fabric around and doing other not so important stuff.

I figure if I tell you guys I'm going to start it, I will. Wish me luck (and hold me accountable!! LOL) I'll keep you posted.

Good luck everyone-sounds like it's going to be a busy and productive week.

AmyM 07-05-2010 04:40 AM

I discovered yesterday in my haste to finish a friends quilt, that I didn't load it right. I'm about 8 inches short on the bottom border for the back. My project for the day is to take it off the machine, add more to the bottom border, slide in an extra piece of batting (that's showed up short too), and get it done. And hang a HUGE note...DO NOT HURRY! Grrr

mary705 07-05-2010 04:42 AM

Sew the wide border on 3 quilts, choose backing for them and hopefully start quilting one that is ready to quilt. Raining all day, so my 16 month old HUGE dog may have other plans. (could't go play at the dog park this morning)