Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Labyrinth Walk....tips (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-labyrinth-walk-tips-t297136.html)

Sandygirl 05-24-2018 03:30 AM

My Labyrinth Walk....tips

Ok, after staring at my project bag of fabric and the pattern (purchased in late 2016) I have decided it had simmered long enough and now it is time to tackle this project!

Weekend 1
I cut out all of the pieces and sorted each into a ziplock sandwich sized baggy writing the number of pieces and the size per bag. I used a Sharpie to label each bag.

Cutting Instructions were clear...I got the calculator out to maximize each strip cut per strip. Was not too bad. Eliminated waste.

NOTE: An efficient cutting chart by the designer would have been helpful. If I wasn’t lazy I would have made detailed notes. I might still do that.....My apology!

Weekend 2
I sewed the Walls of Jericho blocks together. (5). DONE!

Carefully Read each step. The illustrations are great!
Check off each completed step.
As I pieced together the individual parts together I reused the main baggy and labed it by the pieced letter. A, B, C, etc.

I then labeled each baggy above “Jericho”. (just in case I make this project again....the verdict is still pending). Lol!

Weekend 3
Sew the San Luigi block (4) , add the borders...DONE!

Send the finished top to the long arm quilter! (I might stitch in the ditch quilt it since it is a manageable size....)

This weekend I will sew the San Luigi blocks (4 blocks) . If I come across any additional tips for this block, I will add another post. I don’t anticipate any though.

the pattern/project looks intimidating. Read the instructions, organize your cut pieces, take your time completing each step, check off each step as completed. Don’t let this project overwhelm you! One step at a time!

Have fun!

sandy

KwiltyKahy 05-24-2018 04:30 AM

This is not on my bucket list but I would love to see yours. Will you post pictures?

Homespun 05-24-2018 04:35 AM

I made one for my son in purple and gray. Went slow....read and reread directions. reread directions...checked pictures! it turned out beautifully!

Sandygirl 05-24-2018 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy (Post 8063784)
This is not on my bucket list but I would love to see yours. Will you post pictures?

It was not on my bucket list either. My husband saw it on Facebook and asked me to make one for him. I will post a photo when it is completed.

sandy

gingerd 05-24-2018 05:45 AM

Thanks for posting this. My husband wants me to make this for him too.

krafty14 05-24-2018 08:08 PM

Don't forget to get the corrected instructions online!!

Sandygirl 05-25-2018 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by krafty14 (Post 8064207)
Don't forget to get the corrected instructions online!!

l

My pattern is the corrected one. Thanks for the heads up.
sandys

quiltybarb 05-26-2018 10:35 AM

This is on my bucket list.....will bookmark ur tips....thanks

Sandygirl 05-30-2018 02:30 AM

Another tip......chain piece each block section. Goes quick! I clocked 1 hour or less per completed “section” .

sandy

grannie cheechee 05-30-2018 05:49 PM

I started mine last week. I cut the stripes out. and made Jericho without a problem. Then started on San Luigi, and got to where I was adding the last section on the right when it didn't match. I'm going to have to see if I did that last side section the wrong size along the way. Now I'm hoping I have the corrected instructions. Can't wait to see your pictures!!