Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My little rant about shipping (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-little-rant-about-shipping-t62102.html)

plainpat 09-02-2010 02:12 AM

I agree.Does no good to complain unless we try to find a solution to whatever problem.Shopping sales/clearance is my way of keeping costs down.
Recent order was 5yds of sale fabric for $5.95 Fed Ex ground shipping,
from Hancock's of Paducah.There's a lot of reasonable priced fabric on line.I keep a notebook listing them & also a list of places where shipping
is out of site.Saves me time,as I don't bother with them.

It serves as a reminder to look for solutions and not just grumble. In the case of shipping ... if you don't think the price is fair, walk away from the sale. problem solved.

Mad Gertie 09-02-2010 03:45 AM

Sorry, but I wasn't ranting about shipping, I was very much aware how much this would cost me .No I was angry about the costs which was added on this side of the water !!!!
I have never paid any VAT or mail cost on ANY purchase sent from the US( and I have had a few in the past!),but to be told by British Customs " you have been lucky" is a bit much I think. VAT , yes I can just about accept but handeling charges by Royal Mail ?, O come on !!!! £8. on a £40. parcel is extortionate. So that was my little rant !!!! Mad Gertie from England

patricej 09-02-2010 04:19 AM

that has to hurt - especially since it's one of those "government things". it's a bit tricky trying to not shop with the government. they tend to get cranky and vindictive. :shock:

quilterguy27 09-02-2010 07:15 AM

Thanks for being here Patrice to be the voice of reason and keep us in check. We do have a tendancy to get a bit off topic. I know I'm guilty. It is good tho to get a clear perspective of the topic. A reminder, if you will. I appreciate it.

bearisgray 09-02-2010 07:53 AM

I also mind - a lot - what I consider an unreasonable shipping charge.

Quilting Nana 09-02-2010 07:57 AM

I just went on line to order a football jersey. It said they were $18.00.
I placed my order and by the time S&H was added the total cost was $48.00!!!
I canceled that order!!!

plainpat 09-02-2010 08:51 AM

Good for you....seems not shopping at those places is the only pay back we have.Maybe send them a note ? Maybe not tho....anyone charging that $$$ amount doesn't care. JMO

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
I canceled that order!!!

Quilting Nana 09-02-2010 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by justme2
Good for you....seems not shopping at those places is the only pay back we have.Maybe send them a note ? Maybe not tho....anyone charging that $$$ amount doesn't care. JMO

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
I canceled that order!!!

The problem is there is no place for comments.

spooky 09-20-2010 03:31 PM

I recently ordered an item that was $9.95 and the shipping was over $10! I couldn't find it locally and had no choice but to order it. Other sites had a higher price and shipping was still over $10. Ridiculous!