Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My lovely day, and extra lovely family : ) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-lovely-day-extra-lovely-family-t144989.html)

Kristin in ME 08-13-2011 06:35 PM

This morning I got up and started in on my morning routine. As I was just getting ready to start breakfast, my 9-yr-old daughter told me to go back to bed for a nap. When I told her I needed to get breakfast, my husband came along to back her up- apparantly my daughter had decided that I needed a break, and they'd been planning for a couple of weeks to give me a second Mother's Day! Well, it's not often that I get ordered to go do nothing so, rather than a nap, I headed off to my bedroom to do some quilting! I love what a peaceful place my bedroom is, but it never occurred to me that quilting there would be so relaxing! So I settled in on the bed and spent an hour and a half quilting away, and enjoying the fresh air and neighborhood noises through the open window, while my husband and kiddos prepared a nice breakfast.

Later on, we all made a trip to Marden's (here in Maine). It was my first time buying fabric there and everyone was right, it was worth it! $4 a yard, and FQs for 75 cents! We'd given our daughter money for fabric for her birthday and she has a doll quilt planned so today we bought the fabric for it. She did a great job choosing her fabric- pinks and blacks- and made out like a bandit, with change to spare! (I may have made a bit of a purchase myself! ;) )

We haven't had a lot of fun days off together this summer, and I especially enjoyed this one; just wanted to share it! And you can bet I'll be posting a photo when my little girl has a quilt put together! :)

auntpiggylpn 08-13-2011 06:37 PM

I'm so glad you had this time to yourself and with your family!!!

mamaw 08-13-2011 06:41 PM

Sounds like a wonderful day Kristin...what a wonderful hubby and daughter you have. I recently brought my friend from Washington to Mardens....told her she couldn't come to Maine without it. She loved it and had to buy another carry on bag for the plane trip back home because her suitcase just barely made the weight limit lol. Which Mardens did you go to?

IrishNY 08-13-2011 06:43 PM

What a wonderful day. And you deserved it!

blueangel 08-13-2011 07:04 PM

It's good to take time to enjoy your family.

newborn 08-13-2011 07:10 PM

It's always a great day when you can do 2 of your favorite things....spend quality time with family and quilt. :)

lynnsim 08-13-2011 07:10 PM

sounds like a very fun day!

Cyn 08-13-2011 07:31 PM

Sounds wonderful!

Judith1005 08-13-2011 08:22 PM

what a perfect summer day!!

Painiacs 08-13-2011 09:33 PM

I've heard mardens is fabulous!!! I love out mommy- daughter or mommy- son days'. Become a special time my kids look forward to and they r now adults!! Don't stop! Great memories!