Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   my lqs is closing, and "my" bernina is on layaway there..help!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-lqs-closing-my-bernina-layaway-there-help-t189675.html)

barny 05-23-2012 02:43 PM

Take the check to the bank ASAP. You're lucky he went to the shop.

twoxover 05-23-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Traditional (Post 5238175)
Betsey,
Contact your LQS ask all the questions and request in writing if you get the right answers and decide to make the purchase. I would ask for a contact person at Bernina that can confirm your questions
The shop should continue to make someone available to offer mastery classes. If there is another dealer close they should contact them and make arragements for service. Contact Bernina they will take care of their customers and give you reliable information.
If you contact me I will give you a number. I sold bernina machines for years and found them to be reliable and customer friendly. Bernina is one of the best on the market. Good luck.

thank you so much for your offer of help! i did "go a different route" and am very very happy with that decision. I agree Bernina's are super nice machines.

twoxover 05-23-2012 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5238196)
Take the check to the bank ASAP. You're lucky he went to the shop.

allready cashed. and yes, i think i am lucky he went when he did.

grannyrae 05-23-2012 05:02 PM

As it is a demo/classroom machine are you sure you are entitled to warranty and lessons?

patski 05-23-2012 05:04 PM

that happened here and the quilters are driving 50 miles away!

grannyrae 05-23-2012 05:04 PM

Sorry, didnt read all the way

Greenheron 05-23-2012 05:06 PM

You must have felt like the poor brides in Pittsburgh who went to pick up their wedding gowns to find the business closed and dark.:thumbdown:

twoxover 05-23-2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron (Post 5238589)
You must have felt like the poor brides in Pittsburgh who went to pick up their wedding gowns to find the business closed and dark.:thumbdown:

nahhhhh, not really. i got over it pretty quickly. I can't imagine those brides though! Krysti pointed me in the right direction and i do believe i will be VERY happy with the Viking Tribute. I have a viking 350 that i love....so this is all good! it was just such a shock yesterday and had me spinning a bit.

jaciqltznok 05-23-2012 07:42 PM

our Bernina shop is also closing in June....she said to get your $$ back now and wait til you can find a shop to take classes!

Buttons922 05-24-2012 02:49 AM

Pick up your Bernina and all the paperwork they have register it. When I moved from South Dakota to Texas, I could not find the paperwork,The new Benina dealer called the dealer in South Dakota for the purchase information. I realize that the new dealer could not call, but if you kept track of the paperwork they HONOR the Bernina warranty/repair.

The problem that I had was the classes. They new dealer let me attend but had to pay for the classes. If you saved enough money or made a good deal on your Bernina it wasn't to tough to pay for the classes. Also you will LOVE your Bernina. I suggest that you go thru with your deal and enjoy.