Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My machine won't turn on!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-machine-wont-turn-t170788.html)

joyce j 12-05-2011 03:24 PM

Sorry you have this problem, hope it works out to be nothing bad. joycej

raptureready 12-05-2011 03:27 PM

That's why everyone should have at least TWO back up machines. I'm sorry you're having such problems, I can't imagine anything worse than being without a machine.

Grace creates 12-05-2011 03:29 PM

Did you try plugging it another outlet. Good Luck and God Bless

Dina 12-05-2011 03:40 PM

I am so glad it started working!!!

CoolJulUtah 12-05-2011 09:15 PM

I wish you were all my real neighbors! The expressions of love here have really touched me! You have no idea how much I've needed this! I can't believe how many of you have said that you would loan me your machine, if only we lived closer! What a kind, unselfish thought! This is probably too "mushy" for a quilting forum, but thank you for lifting my spirits! Things have been hard for two years and this has been a bright spot these last couple of days! You know what? I'm glad my machine "broke" down for a day so I could have the opportunity to see what really good people are out there!!! Thank you, everyone, for bringing a smile a face that hasn't been able to smile for a while! Hugs to all of you!!! :')

Buzzy Bee 12-05-2011 10:01 PM

I am so glad for you...I was feeling your pain....

Halo 12-06-2011 12:27 AM

Glad it is working for you now. I had one that would quit working when I wanted to get something done at a certain time, but only when I needed it finished fast. Any other time it worked great. Finally got a new machine & was going to toss the old one. My son wanted it for his wife & I told him what it was doing. He said they would check it out. It worked fine for her for about three months & started doing it again. She got rid of it fast. LOL

jitkaau 12-06-2011 05:16 AM

I'm glad it is OK for now - extra expense is not needed at this time of year. I know exactly how you must have felt as my machine has been in the repair shop since July and by the time that they finish replacement of just about every bit in the machine(as it feels like) I wonder whether I should have just saved up for another one...tape the faulty switch in place so that it can't switch off again and you may have a chance to have it work OK for a little longer.All the best.

Michellesews 12-06-2011 05:28 AM

Thank you for posting that it is working, I woud have worried and worried until I heard from you about this. I cannot imagine too many things more horrifying than having your one and only machine break down during Christmas sewing, I call it Santa's Sweat Shop...or my family does anyway. I was trying to figure out how in th world I could get a loner to you all the way from El Paso Texas in time for your projects...as were many others on this board as well....we truly are sisters of the "cloth", aren't we! Now go have yourselves a Merry, Merry Christmas. Whew! That was a close one!
Michelle