Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My mom gave me my grandma for Christmas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-mom-gave-me-my-grandma-christmas-t90316.html)

jkrzemi 01-15-2011 10:22 AM

What a wonderful gift. wiping my eyes now. Thank you for sharing.

Prairie Quilter 01-15-2011 10:24 AM

That is the most precious, precious, gift....how very thoughtful of your mother to put all that together for you in such an incredible & useful way!! And....... to have your grandmother's handiwork now with you always........ Ohhhhhh this is the stuff LIFE is made of!!! Lovely, lovely story..... you know we are all going to want to see this sampler quilt when you get it completed!! Thanks so very much for sharing your story with us. It's amazing!

RedGarnet222 01-15-2011 10:28 AM

Your Mom is one special lady.

sylvia77 01-15-2011 10:32 AM

You have been blessed! I never got to know my grandmother as she died when I was 3. She was a very mean woman and I guess I didn't miss out on not knowing her. It makes me happy to see how good a relationship you had with yours.

klgreene 01-15-2011 10:39 AM

That is so amazing, and you are so lucky to get all her hard work. This is something that willbe cherished for a lifetime. Hopefully it can be passed down to your adorable daughter. That little coat hardly looks like it was worn. You can't find anything now a days in stores that one ide matches the other. That was made with love. Your "Coat of Many Colors" Wonderful.

MarySews 01-15-2011 10:45 AM

What a wonderful story!

A thought on labeling the blocks -- you might want to make a list to put on the back of the quilt instead of embroidering as that might distract from the beauty of the whole quilt. You also should somehow, attach the story of the quilt to the back -- it is too beautiful to miss.

quilt3311 01-15-2011 11:09 AM

Pass the tissues!! Wow what a wonderful gift. I'm sure you will treasure everything that was in those drawers and will pass the love shown there on to your own daughter someday. The little jacket is really so neat too. Ah a grandmothers love which will now be completed and then treasured forever.
I have a quilt that was made by my grandmother. I was not fortunate to know her as she passed before I was born, but when I became an avid quilter, my Mother gave me the quilt because she knew I would treasure it. It will go to my daughter someday and then to a grand daughter. It always amazes me to touch the stitches lovingly put in by the grandmother I never knew. She has touched my heart though through her quilt.

baglady65 01-15-2011 11:12 AM

Wow, what a gift, gave me goose bumps reading your story!!!

bammy1 01-15-2011 11:37 AM

What a wonderful story. You were blessed with such a wonderful grandmother...and mother. That quilt is a wonderful way to share your blessings. Yes, I also needed a box of tissues nearby. Grandmothers are so special.

cazann 01-15-2011 11:43 AM

What a lovely story, i had tears in my eyes reading it, i wish i'd have had the privilege of knowing my grandmothers, just have to make sure my grandchildren can remember me with such love.
Treasure those memories, they are priceless,