Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My new baby 1956? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-new-baby-1956-a-t116437.html)

Liz aka Helen 04-15-2011 06:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well we did it!!!! again ...lol, we went to Goodwill in Amarillo Tx, and bought another sewing machine. Looked up serial # once we got home and she was born in 1956 in the USA. Last weeks buy was born Jan, 25 1965 in Scotland, Great Britain. Both came with cabinets. What was I thinking? Now I have to find parts and pieces for both of the little girls. Just 1 more addiction...LOL

sueisallaboutquilts 04-15-2011 06:21 PM

Oh that's a beauty!!! I have the same addiction and I'm seriously running out of room and money! lol
Thanks for sharing :D:D

amma 04-15-2011 06:31 PM

Beautiful machines! Lucky you :D:D:D

Lostn51 04-15-2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen
Well we did it!!!! again ...lol, we went to Goodwill in Amarillo Tx, and bought another sewing machine. Looked up serial # once we got home and she was born in 1956 in the USA. Last weeks buy was born Jan, 25 1965 in Scotland, Great Britain. Both came with cabinets. What was I thinking? Now I have to find parts and pieces for both of the little girls. Just 1 more addiction...LOL

And you have a Trapezoid Cabinet to boot! :shock: That is a great haul indeed!!! I have a chance at buying a Trapezoid cabinet in a blonde finish but all I would do is flip it.

Billy

Liz aka Helen 04-15-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen

And you have a Trapezoid Cabinet to boot! :shock: That is a great haul indeed!!! I have a chance at buying a Trapezoid cabinet in a blonde finish but all I would do is flip it.

Billy

It take it that $40.00 was not such a bad deal then?

Pins n' Ndls 04-15-2011 07:37 PM

Hi Billy, We would all like an update on your "bug". As well as the rest of the family, OK ? Sorry, don't mean to be pushy but we care.

buslady 04-16-2011 03:52 AM

OH, SERIOUSLY! this is getting rediculous! I want one. Has to be a wonderful machine, my birth year, they only made the best in 1956. Enjoy her, the color is great, too. thanks for enabling, er, I mean, sharing.

Tinabodina 04-16-2011 03:54 AM

Too funny! Great find.

jrhboxers 04-16-2011 05:11 AM

Well, I have added two to my collection in the past couple of weeks too.

The first is an early 70s Singer that we found at the trash service area. She cleaned up really nice and purrs like a dream. Doesn't have a case or cabinet but I am looking.

The second is a 60's Singer in a cabinet. I found her are the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. She was originally marked $75 - never even saw her then - and was reduced to $15 the morning I bought her. Haven't had a chance to work on her yet, but she runs and stitches well without any work. So my count is now up to 7 machines - but don't tell my husband.

Stitchnripper 04-16-2011 05:35 AM

Beautiful machines!!