Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My new projects (I have to tell or I'll burst!!!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-new-projects-i-have-tell-ill-burst-t507.html)

Knot Sew 03-21-2007 05:46 AM

where would I find more info and picture of the file labeled EZ as falling off a log.......It looked interesting.........but I didn't understand what is going on.and what it would look like :roll:

susan s. 03-21-2007 06:08 AM

OH I SEE! Like the ones they sell in JoAnnes for a ton of $. I've been thinking of doing something similar. Tho I haven't seen any teflon fabric in any stores I've been in lately I'll have to remember to ask next time I go fabric shopping.

mpeters 03-21-2007 10:35 AM

Sue, the idea you posted about using a TV tray sounds like a great idea for a small board!!!! The teflon material is usually white on one side and grey or silver on the other. But I'm colorblind so it could be any color I guess. Try and hit it with a coupon because it's rarely on sale and on average cost is 5.49/yard.

Melissa

joy 03-21-2007 12:20 PM

Patrice, Thank you for replying.... it was so good of you.... it is a baby's cot quilt I want to make, thought Sharon may have had a few ideas for me... maybe a cot in America is different to a cot in New Zealand...

I have thought about a four patch, then a square, then a four patch etc.... that is one idea.... nice and easy... I want to make three cot quilts and would like them all to be different. I managed to get some material for half price and it is so nice. Will buy some more next week...

Patchwork/quilting keeps my mind and fingers occupied amongst other interests.... no family at home now and life is so different.

With life we never know what is going to crop up next and it is just as well.. my best wishes go to Sharon... I will be thinking about her and her family.

Jane Sisk 07-18-2007 05:49 AM

Hi there,

I can appreciate the problems with up and down all the time I am disabled from a back injury and also have bad knees. My son gave me one of those long folding tables to do my cutting and pressing on (I just lay down an old beach towel folded) but the height of the table was to low and I could only cut a few minutes because of bending over. I went to a garage sale one day and found a set of those 6 inch risers you can buy to put on your bed legs. Put my table on them and made it exactly the right height for cutting and long pressing sessions. I also put a fabric skirt around it with velcro and walaa a new place for hiding my stash.Works for me!

Jane Sisk

SandraJennings 07-18-2007 09:55 AM

I found this thread late....but gosh gals...Talk about brainstorming! You have given me quite a few things to get busy on. All wonderful ideas too. Would love to see pics of the ironing boards you did, and of the other designs ya'll have talked about. Wow.....gotta get even busier now. Later!

Catherine 07-18-2007 11:52 AM

I covered two boards, one small and a large one. i absolutley love mine, the small one is light weight and portable. The large one fits perfect on my table behind the sewing machine. I made these several years ago when I had my custom sewing business. Never have to use a reg. ironing board..they do take up so much space, and just aren't study enough when you need to press down. I bet your sewing club just loves you!!! keep those ideas flowing!

thimblebug6000 07-18-2007 03:30 PM

This post isn't really about your new project, but as the topic got going towards ironing boards, I thought I'd post this link here. Awhile back I decided I wanted a big board for ironing meters/yards of fabric. I did a search and came up with this lady's webshots pictures
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/180862212jmSjuv I got my DH to watch & we had some wood from a ramp that wasn't needed anymore and I now have a wonderful big board. I can't believe I struggled so long without it, however I wouldn't have been prepared to pay the price for the original board either.

mpeters1200 07-18-2007 05:01 PM

Yes we do love it and we use it as often as we can.

Rebecca Chambley 07-20-2007 05:03 AM

I bought a pad for ironing while you quilt, at JoAnns. it's not expensive, and it is on the rt side of my machine, with pockets that hang over my table to hold odds and ends, while quilting. It works great,padded, and the top has a measured off grid thats helps sometimes. I also have a minature iron, not a clover, a minature iron. It saves ALOT of steps.