Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My New Toy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-new-toy-t119647.html)

BettyGee 04-29-2011 09:34 AM

Well after much researching, price comparing, and weighing the opinions of my friends on this board I bought an AccuQuilt.

I love it! Now to restrain myself from buying every die they make, well my quilting budget will keep me on the straight and narrow on that one.

Thanks again to all of you who helped me with information on your experiences with the AccuQuilt.

Cutting days should be much easier now. The two dies I purchased right away are Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Bill and they are on the top of the list of projects, even if I just make a one block wall hanging. They are so cute!

I got a very very good price on my machine on Amazon and then a fellow board member was selling dies at amazing savings so I'm in quilting heaven.

Not that my husband looses track of me very often, but he sure knows where to find me any free time that I have.

So with that said I'm off to the sewing room. Husband is on the golf course and quiet reigns so let the quilting begin.

sassyg 04-29-2011 10:43 AM

Glad to know that you decided on the accuquilt go and that you're enjoying it. Sometimes it pays to do a little research before making a major purchase. Also there is yahoo accuquilt forum you can join for ideas and inspiration. Have fun. :)

amma 04-29-2011 10:53 AM

How fun for you! Can't wait to see your quilt :D:D:D

Just Me... 04-29-2011 11:10 AM

Congrats on the new toy! :thumbup:

hobbykat1955 04-29-2011 11:48 AM

I just bought one also...haven't played yet...Haven't seen Sunbonnet dies where did you get them...They are not in their flyer...

craftybear 04-29-2011 12:03 PM

Congratulations, have fun

BettyGee 04-29-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
I just bought one also...haven't played yet...Haven't seen Sunbonnet dies where did you get them...They are not in their flyer...

I got them, Overall Sam and Sunbonnet Sue, at JoAnns with two 50% off coupons. Love those coupons. There are so many dies I have on my wish list. So now I need to win the lottery. The reality is that I will have to put aside a little each month into my quilting budget and then add to my collection. Hope you enjoy your new toy as much as I am mine. Be sure to check the AccuQuilt site for the free downloads, they are just basic patterns but I'm going to use them for learning. Oh, also check Ebay as there are some terrific buys on dies there.

BettyGee 04-29-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by sassyg
Glad to know that you decided on the accuquilt go and that you're enjoying it. Sometimes it pays to do a little research before making a major purchase. Also there is yahoo accuquilt forum you can join for ideas and inspiration. Have fun. :)

Thanks for letting me know about the yahoo accuquilt forum. I will definitely check it out.

Jammin' Jane 05-06-2011 10:10 AM

Have a wonderful time with your new toy!!

Ruby the Quilter 05-07-2011 07:25 PM

I love mine and when JoAnn's have them on sale or I can use the coupons I buy them.