Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My quilt board history (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-quilt-board-history-t274858.html)

chairjogger 01-23-2016 01:43 AM

My quilt board history

What a joy from scrolling through threads I have posted.

I have posted 7 years. My quilts have been preserved by this quilt board. I am fortunate. Not one quilt for me, wonderful to see my loved quilted friends ( my quilts). I call them friends because I have lived/ laughed/cried with them from start to finish.

ManiacQuilter2 01-23-2016 04:25 AM

I never thought of QB as a history of the quilts I have made.

Homespun 01-23-2016 05:33 AM

How do you find your posts?

btiny36 01-23-2016 06:29 AM

Homespun, go to your profile and look on the left panel there is where you can find where you have commented and started your own post.

Dina 01-23-2016 06:44 AM

I agree. There is a history of my quilting on this board. I have now been quilting 6 years, and this board has been with me every step of the way....starting with the first time I changed the blade in my rotary cutter and didn't know if I should wipe the excess oil off of the blade before I put it in the cutter. I asked the question here and got an answer immediately.

I find it handy to go look at threads I started, like when I started my first Bargello and asked for advice. I got so much good information from that thread that I revisit it when I am selecting fabric for a Bargello.

And I am pretty sure I have posted a picture of each quilt as soon as it was finished. :)

This is a good place to be, and I hadn't thought of it being a history of my quilting, but it certainly is. :).

Dina

Maureen NJ 01-23-2016 07:03 PM

I never thought of it that way but it is true. Just the other day, I was reading an old thread which was about prairie points and surprise, there was a reply from me. I had a picture of a quilt I made with information about the size of the HSTs, which were in the top, and the size of the prairie points. It is a nice history.

Texas_Sue 01-24-2016 03:15 AM

What nice memories, but maybe you should save some pictures too. Just in case something happens to all this electronic world we live in. It is however very nice to be able to look back.

maviskw 01-24-2016 06:43 AM

When I click onto "The Quilting Board Daily Digest", I find my board name at the top. A click on that takes me to my profile. I go there every day to see who has replied to my posts. I can never remember to which posts I have sent a reply. And I go there to see if anyone else has viewed my threads.

Homespun 01-24-2016 06:48 AM

Thanks or info.

Originally Posted by btiny36 (Post 7442617)
Homespun, go to your profile and look on the left panel there is where you can find where you have commented and started your own post.

quiltingbuddy 01-24-2016 06:48 AM

Good thought. Now I wish I had them all posted here. I know someone once said she used the quiltingboard as a log/journal of her quilts...as a blog maybe? I can't remember now but it would be nice to have record of them all in one place. And what better place right?