Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   my Quilting Kitty is a star! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-quilting-kitty-star-t207097.html)

ckcowl 11-28-2012 02:25 PM

there was a whole prize package! from various sponsors---these are the ones i won...[TABLE]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: TextMainNormal"]Prizes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: TextMainNormal"]From YLI
Machine Quilting and Piecing Thread
Prize value = $25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: TextMainNormal"]From OLFA
6" x 12" Frosted Advantage™ Acrylic Ruler
Prize value = $19.99[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: TextMainNormal"]From Kona Bay
2 yards of fabric
Prize value = $20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: TextMainNormal"]From The Quilted Kitty
$10 gift certificate[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: TextMainNormal"]From ChristaQuilts.com
$10 gift certificate [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: TextMainNormal"]From Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Pocket Pack (4 FQ's). Pumpkin Basket
Prize value = $9.25

quite a haul! i'm so excited!!![/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

kathbug 11-29-2012 03:17 AM

My quilting buddy is my dog Charlie. She thinks that the quilts all are hers for blankets to lay on. I sandwich my quilts on the floor and she just comes over and lays down and watches. Unfortunately she is not a little dog. She is a labadoodle and takes up a large portion of the quilt not to mention I can not keep the quilt tight so it ia not wrinkled.LOL

ckcowl 11-29-2012 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by kathbug (Post 5686767)
My quilting buddy is my dog Charlie. She thinks that the quilts all are hers for blankets to lay on. I sandwich my quilts on the floor and she just comes over and lays down and watches. Unfortunately she is not a little dog. She is a labadoodle and takes up a large portion of the quilt not to mention I can not keep the quilt tight so it ia not wrinkled.LOL

awhhhhh- that sure makes me smile :)- i had a loving chocolate lab for 14 years who laid right under my sewing table when i sewed- always right there- when i got a machine that would start as soon as you stepped on the foot pedal i had to learn to ALWAYS turn the machine off when i stood up- or she would lay on that pedal & make it sew, sew, sew! she also would lay across any quilt i dared to lay out on the floor...she was close by my side for many good years (she was only 4 weeks old when i rescued her) I miss her every day! Kimba cat misses her too- he (adopted) some of her habits after she passed- he now runs to the door when anyone comes (he used to go hide under the bed) he flops down & sighs when he isn't getting the attention he thinks he should be getting & he shakes/scratches his collar & makes the same sound the dog's tags used to make...I don't know if he's just missing her too- or if he thinks if he acts like her enough i won't be tempted to bring home another one :)

Tartan 11-29-2012 05:44 AM

OHHH, nice prizes! I would be excited too.

Geri B 11-29-2012 06:04 AM

Love that pic....I have three cats, but none are allowed in my sewing world. I do l/a for others so I really can't have them (cats) lying on the tops, or even worse on the quilt set up.........anyway, they have the rest of the house to lounge around in. One of them will lay outside of the door of my sewing world waiting for me to come out....this is the one who is a "tree cat"--always looking up and has gotten herself up into the rafters between the basement unfinished and finished section and crawled around there for awhile..........that was a frightening experience for me and her...but, did it stop her...oh no she keeps looking up for a tree to hang onto!!!!!

MimiBug123 11-29-2012 06:08 AM

I'm so glad he lets you use his long arm once in a while. He's adorable.

Normabeth 11-29-2012 06:28 AM

Way to cute!!! Congratulations Quilting Kitty!! I have always been a dog person, (allergic to cats), but now I am starting to be allergic to my dog. Maybe my cat allergies will go away and I can get a cat when my dog passes on.
Cats and be so cuddly!

Caswews 11-29-2012 06:43 AM

How precious and congratulations !!!

maviskw 11-29-2012 06:55 AM

I have made pillows for my cats and have them on the floor. They usually sleep on the couch if no one is there. But if I have a quilt in some sort of progress on the table, Rambo is up there.

alisonquilts 11-29-2012 07:16 AM

Congratulations to both of you!

Alison