Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Tip Was Published in Easy Quilts Magazine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-tip-published-easy-quilts-magazine-t134282.html)

clynns 06-30-2011 12:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
About a month or so ago, I got an email from Fons and Porter saying that I had won a prize for giving a quilting tip. The prize was a discount to their website on my purchase. They said my suggestion would also be printed in their Fall 2011 magazine.

I got my Easy Quilts magazine Monday, left it on my coffee table (which is totally unlike me not to open it the second I get it) and finally looked at it last night. Right there on page 9 under member tips was my suggestion. I thought it would be in the Fons and Porter magazine. Now I remember that I entered the tip under the Quilters Club of America.

FYI - the TV table cost $10.00, the ironing board cover cost $15.00. Total cost out of pocket was $25.00. (Already had the table and staples.) To buy one online cost $50.00 plus shipping.

Ironing board TV tray
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219044[/ATTACH]

Backside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219045[/ATTACH]

Folded
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219047[/ATTACH]

craftybear 06-30-2011 12:29 PM

do you have a picture of what you did with the table?

Originally Posted by clynns
About a month or so ago, I got an email from Fons and Porter saying that I had won a prize for giving a quilting tip. The prize was a discount to their website on my purchase. They said my suggestion would also be printed in their Fall 2011 magazine.

I got my Easy Quilts magazine Monday, left it on my coffee table (which is totally unlike me not to open it the second I get it) and finally looked at it last night. Right there on page 9 under member tips was my suggestion. I thought it would be in the Fons and Porter magazine. Now I remember that I entered the tip under the Quilters Club of America.

FYI - the TV table cost $10.00, the ironing board cover cost $15.00. Total cost out of pocket was $25.00. (Already had the table and staples.) To buy one online cost $50.00 plus shipping.

QuiltingJaguar 06-30-2011 07:26 PM

Now that's a smart idea, especially for those of us who can't stand too long at ironing board. However my tv trays would not hold the weight of ironing, now another table I have that rolls. hmmmmm got an idea here.

clynns 06-30-2011 07:30 PM

It's especially useful when working on a Log Cabin. Right now I'm working on a quilt for my DSIL and the collection is De Ja Brew. I'm adding 'frames' around to make it 12 1/2 inches. That's alot of sewing. My strips are 1 1/2 inches in size. Some of the fussy cut squares start at 4x4. I have it right next to me. No up and down for me. Although I could use the exercise. LOL

Painiacs 06-30-2011 10:10 PM

I got a wooden tv tray at gs but haven't fixed it yet!! Yours looks great!!

QultingaddictUK 07-01-2011 01:49 AM

That's a great tip, I made one nigh on identical and use a pillowcase with an elastic edge as my ironing cover so I can launder it regularly.

Well done on getting into print :thumbup:

watterstide 07-01-2011 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
Now that's a smart idea, especially for those of us who can't stand too long at ironing board. However my tv trays would not hold the weight of ironing, now another table I have that rolls. hmmmmm got an idea here.

your reg. ironing board should be adjustable too. i sit in the living room or kitchen and press.

Congrats on the tip being published!

whinnytoo 07-01-2011 02:39 AM

Way to go! love it.

QultingaddictUK 07-01-2011 03:14 AM

Another use that I have found for this littel table is that I put it to the left of me, adjacent to the quilting table for when I am quilting to support the weight of the quilt, so handy as it folds up out of the way too :thumbup: