Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My trip to Ohio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-trip-ohio-t110955.html)

Kathi in PA 03-26-2011 03:34 PM

Well, my DH and I decided to make a road trip to Howard Ohio to visit his sister and family. We left PA Thursday morning and got out there early evening. I told my SIL and niece that I would like to visit some quilt shops near them. So, Friday morning we headed out to Millersburg to Miller's Dry Goods Store - Fantastic shop, helpful staff - loved it! Then we went to Berlin and went to Helping Hand Quilts Shop then across the street to the Country Cupboard - both shops very nice - good selection of fabrics - helpful staff - reasonable prices!!! From there we went to Mount Hope to the Lonestar Quilt Shop - really nice got the large twister tool and project book - fabric from all the shops we visited and even got my SIL and niece in on the fabric touching and putting together fabrics for bow tuck purses they want me to make for them. We were heading back when we went by Zinck's Fabric outlet - OMG so much fabric unreal. I would have had to spend hours to see all the different fabrics!!! We all had a wonderful time and even though they aren't quilters they hung in there like troopers - patiently waiting while I checked out the fabric! Are any of you near any of these places? Just wanted to share my vacation! Made it home this evening and plan on sewing and getting projects sorted and organized tomorrow - So as soon as I can, I'll post some pics!

Kathi in PA

donnajean 03-26-2011 03:37 PM

Gee! I don't have any relatives that would do that for me. How nice & patient they were.

BeeNana 03-26-2011 03:37 PM

When you planing your next trip. Ha
Look forward to your pictures.

sueisallaboutquilts 03-26-2011 03:38 PM

Kathi, I love those places you went to!!! We make it up there at least 4 times a year.
So glad you had fun!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Jill 03-26-2011 04:18 PM

I go too, once or twice a year. I really like the Helping Hands Quilt Shop. Glad you had a successful trip--and a patient family!

bakermom 03-26-2011 05:01 PM

It's about an hour from me. Love zinck's and millers has an unbelievable selection of fabric. If you ever get over toward Ashland, go to Country Charm Fabrics, just off rt. 250. Can't think of the lady's name that runs it but she is so nice and helpful. Also Hearthside quilts up in Kidron is a nice place.

Kathi in PA 03-26-2011 05:09 PM

Believe me the next time we go out, I plan on going to the places you mentioned bakermom. It would be really neat to meet some of my fellow quilting board members. I see a mini shop hop in my future!!!

Kathi in PA

bjnicholson 03-26-2011 05:17 PM

Oooooh, I have to map this out. I would love to meet you!

sueisallaboutquilts 03-26-2011 05:24 PM

Kathi, did you get to Grandma Bonnie's quilt shop?? (I think that's the name) They have bundle scrap bags that are fabulous. Cheap and chuck full of fabric.

quiltpd 03-26-2011 05:55 PM

Sounds like a really fun trip. It's always great to be able to go to different shops ! Each one seems to emphasize different things.