Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My UFO's...The REAL Number (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-ufos-real-number-t12298.html)

Quilting Aggi 10-17-2008 03:31 AM

I'm afraid to go down that road, but I do know its more than 24!!!! and it just keeps growing! :oops:

Bevanger 10-17-2008 03:55 AM

And here I thought I was bad with 3.........

Stitching4Fun 10-17-2008 04:17 AM

Off the top of my head all I can think of are two. One was a gathering thing and the majority of the people didn't know that much about sewing, and the other was a block of the month that I got from Joann Fabrics. I got all but one of those blocks done and put it aside.

The gathering one needed alot of "corrections" to it because I didn't want to put it together and have it fall apart on me.

OOps forgot the family quilt. Almost everyone finished theirs by me.!! And I organized the thing. That is one that I will finish this winter. Hopefully I can get all of them done. I have so many others that I plan to make also so I want to at least work on these inbetween them.

Barb

Skeat 10-17-2008 05:15 AM

Boston...you are one really brave quilter to know that answer!!:))I wouldn't even be brave enough to admit any UFO's...:))My goal this next year after Christmas (for I am making new ones now)is to finishing the binding on several...quilt my stack of finished quilts, and put together my stack of 'to do' quilts that are all ready to roll under the machine to begin with. Oh, and couple that I inherited that are tops that need some patch work then quilted...:))I think it is just good to assume it is called officially 'quilt security'...who'd fire me and step into this mess?:0)SKeat

sandpat 10-17-2008 05:36 AM

I won't tell anyone that you have that many :oops: :lol: I won't admit my number or the number of other ones that I am dreaming of starting..DH says that all I do it "buy stuff" to start things, but no production comes out of my room :cry: :twisted:

shellyp 10-17-2008 06:19 AM

1. Yep, just one that I consider a UFO. I have about 7 WIP's in various stages though. :oops:

Janeen 10-17-2008 07:44 AM

I know the feeling well :roll:
I am making headway tho - since getting the Bailey/frame I've really managed to get some caught up - lots of tops that were ready to be quilted...

ok, I just counted... sheesh...

I had 6 done by the longarm quilter...
I have done 8 myself
I have 5 left

That's all tops that have been 'waiting patiently' plus some I just pieced recently....

we're starting another BOM in guild, and I have a HUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuge stash of 'quilts' awaiting inspiration :mrgreen:

geez,

2wheelwoman 10-17-2008 07:57 AM

Is there a general definition of UFOs versus WIPs? I wanted to work up the courage to count mine, but !'m not sure what the differences in the categories are.

Skeat 10-17-2008 08:12 AM

2wheelwoman...you can call it as you see it. I too look at it as works in progress:))And, they are always working:))LOL Skeat

salisaquilter 10-21-2008 07:49 AM

:lol: I did that for years. Had numerous UFO's. ButI made a rule for myself. I MUST NOT HAVE MORE THAN 5 UFO'S...... and it is very, very difficult to control myself.
I do have storage boxes with patterns I want to do and the collection of fabs needed to do them. but I only have 4 of them. lol
I have enough stash to start a fab store, but seems when I want to do another quilt I need to find a different type of fabric.
I have never done anything with batiks, so that is in one of the boxes.
Do a lot of applique so this does hold me up and hand quilting holds me up. But I try to stick to my own rule. :wink: