Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt Thread final clues, page 8, mystery 95% solved, page 9 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mystery-quilt-thread-final-clues-page-8-mystery-95%25-solved-page-9-a-t8954.html)

sewnsewer2 07-14-2008 06:46 PM

Those are beautiful fabrics!

nanmal 07-14-2008 07:05 PM

Sure.......sounds like fun....Xmas........cool days are ahead I hope......please include me in on this....Nancy

salisaquilter 07-15-2008 10:36 AM

Yes I would like to do a Mystery Quilt. Not sure about it being a ChristmasQuilt. But I can change the pattern as I wish. But then again, WHo Knows.?? Count me in

Margandi 07-17-2008 04:15 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have some Christmas fabric that has just been waiting for a project.

Cordelia 07-17-2008 06:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The blue and silver pointsettas were from 'Holiday Classics' collection by Laurie Godin for Northcott.

I only posted those for ideas.

I've got the yardages, but hope most of you have comparable fabrics so you don't have to go out and buy all of it. I don't want to tax anyone's budget.

I have to confess that I only made up the wall hanging, not the lap size. So, with that understanding, I'll be making it with all of you.

I'm going to post the fabric images again and put the yardages in the caption box for the image.

This quilt measures 53" x 53". (this is per the program. I hadn't made it yet. I will be making it if you want to wait and watch ...)

Is that large enough for a lap quilt? I hope you have most of this in your stash already.

For the wintery scene you will need:

1/8 YARD of light to medium brown. (no pattern, solid or batik)

This sample is Hoffman's Weekend in the Woods - Snowflake Rapture - Cobalt/Silver. 1/3 YARD
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11395[/ATTACH]

This sample is Hoffman's Venetian Holiday - Dainty Poinsettias - Chambray Blue/Pearl. You need a light, icy blue-like comparable fabric: 1/2 YARD
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11397[/ATTACH]

This sample is Hoffman's Winter Radiance - Snowflake Escape - Sky Blue/Silver Metallic. 1 YARD
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11398[/ATTACH]

Cordelia 07-17-2008 07:10 AM

I'm sorry. I have to run to my job. I'll be back to post the rest this p.m.

I'm also going to post the first clue Friday evening. There will be roughly six clues with sewing instructions.

There is an applique component to this that will be the very last thing. It will be optional for you and that will be done over and above the clues.

beachlady 07-17-2008 01:52 PM

Looking forward to tomorrow night!!!

purplemem 07-17-2008 02:28 PM

Hurry! Hurry! I can't wait!! :lol: :lol:

Cordelia 07-17-2008 02:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I apologize for the interruption. Jobs can seriously interfere with sewing.

You'll notice a lot of these fabrics are similar. The point is texture and shading. If you don't go out and buy the exact suggestions, mix and match a couple dark blue snowflakey patterns together.

This is Hoffman's Winter Radiance - Reindeer Stroll - French Blue/Silver. 3/8 Yard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12717[/ATTACH]

This is "In The Beginning's" Jason Yenter Wintergraphix line, the dark blue snowflake. 1/4 Yard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57913[/ATTACH]

This is from South Seas; Pom Pom Penguins - Snowflake Swirls - Denim Blue by Bonijean. 1/3 Yard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57914[/ATTACH]

Cordelia 07-17-2008 02:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm going to try that last post again. I attached the wrong files and it won't let me edit the attachments.

This is Hoffman's Weekend in the Woods - Snowflake Rapture - Powder Blue/Pearlized. 1/3 Yard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12808[/ATTACH]

This is the Jason Yenter Wintergraphix line from In The Beginning Fabrics. It's the dark blue snowflake. 1/4 Yard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12810[/ATTACH]

This is the Pom Pom Penguines by Bonijean for South Seas Fabrics. 1/3 Yard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12811[/ATTACH]