Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Name of Pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/name-pattern-t120340.html)

Parrothead 05-02-2011 12:46 PM

Picture of quilt that Bisseau posted yesterday.
Does this pattern have a name? We have one like it and always called in a crazy quilt, but I realize now it is not that one. Ours is very old and will be the next to last I will repair. I have the blocks cut already. The last one will be my hexagon - little tiny ones all over the quilt!

I posted on her topic also but I know everyone does not read all the posts so I am asking again.
Thank, Sue

sueisallaboutquilts 05-02-2011 02:27 PM

Hi Sue, do you mean the blocks??? That was the only quilt I saw.
The one I mean is like charm squares sewn together similar to a Trip Around the World in the sense that you do the rows in a certain order so that the blocks form the design.
Does this make any sense???

Parrothead 05-02-2011 02:38 PM

I have looked up diagonal patterns and still do not get this particular layout.

Parrothead 05-02-2011 03:11 PM

I looked up Trip Around the World. There must be a couple of hundred different ways to do this pattern. Ours are 3" squares , each fabric pattern goes diagonally across the the quilt. It does not have a square in the middle. I guess it is a variation of Trip Around the World.

charmpacksplus 05-02-2011 03:26 PM

I don't think the quilt in question involved a formal pattern. It's just squares laid out diagonally. One patch on diagonal sounds good if you want to give it a name.

bisseau 05-02-2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Parrothead
Does this pattern have a name? We have one like it and always called in a crazy quilt, but I realize now it is not that one. Ours is very old and will be the next to last I will repair. I have the blocks cut already. The last one will be my hexagon - little tiny ones all over the quilt!

I posted on her topic also but I know everyone does not read all the posts so I am asking again.
Thank, Sue

It was a tube quilt...sewing strips together that made me happy. Missouri quilting has video. I did not use pattern...did from memory.

bisseau 05-02-2011 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by bisseau

Thank, Sue

It was a tube quilt...sewing strips together that made me happy. Missouri quilting has video. I did not use pattern...did from memory.

PS...can be any size

bisseau 05-02-2011 04:07 PM

Thank, Sue

PS...can be any size

I think they may do the bargello types basically this way, but I could be wrong.