Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/national-quilting-day-march-20-2010-what-you-doing-t40007.html)

skowjudy 03-21-2010 11:19 AM

QuilterX7, Thanks for the infomation. I will look it up online right away.

Quilter7x 03-21-2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by skowjudy
QuilterX7, Thanks for the infomation. I will look it up online right away.

You're welcome. :) I have a feeling you won't be buying just one of their patterns!!! :lol:

rahaube 03-21-2010 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hi,

I was wondering what everyone has planned for the National Quilting Day on March 20, 2010.

What are you going to do? Will you visit a quilt shop, show, retreat, etc.

Will you be staying home and quilt your heart out???

I didn't know it was National Quilt day but spent time quilting anyway. What better way to spend the day.

Quilter Marshall 03-21-2010 08:14 PM

I didn,t know about nat. quilting day. So , my family and I went to the Memphis Overton Park Zoo in Memphis, Tenn. The weather was beautiful, I got sunburned, but Oh I had a fun day with my kids and GKs.Came home with an auwful headache.

Chrickett 03-22-2010 06:39 AM

I will take some pictures of the little dresses and try to post them. They are really cute.I will do that sometime today.

Originally Posted by Windy Canyon

Originally Posted by Chrickett

Originally Posted by newestnana
My LQS is having an open house (with snacks!) and while there we can make pillowcases (for the One Million Pillowcases project) and Little Dresses for Africa.

I have been making little dresses too for the Children in Africa, I went to my quilt shop and bought some bright and cheerful material, I have 12 made and am working for 25, that is what fits in a gallon freezer bag. I love making the dresses they go so fast, I surge around the whole piece and then turn up hem and turn down tom and then cut out the armholes an go to town sewing them together. I love it.

I hadn't heard of the Little Dresses for Africa. Because you mentioned it, I decided to look it up. What a wonderful ministry. I need to find the pattern for the boys also. Thank you for mentioning this project.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-22-2010 06:41 AM

I will take some pictures of the little dresses and try to post them. They are really cute.I will do that sometime today.

no pics?

Originally Posted by Windy Canyon

Originally Posted by newestnana
My LQS is having an open house (with snacks!) and while there we can make pillowcases (for the One Million Pillowcases project) and Little Dresses for Africa.

I have been making little dresses too for the Children in Africa, I went to my quilt shop and bought some bright and cheerful material, I have 12 made and am working for 25, that is what fits in a gallon freezer bag. I love making the dresses they go so fast, I surge around the whole piece and then turn up hem and turn down tom and then cut out the armholes an go to town sewing them together. I love it.

I hadn't heard of the Little Dresses for Africa. Because you mentioned it, I decided to look it up. What a wonderful ministry. I need to find the pattern for the boys also. Thank you for mentioning this project.

skowjudy 03-22-2010 07:54 AM

Quilter7X, Your right! I ordered five.

Cookie64 03-22-2010 08:14 AM

Newestnana, Did you make the pillowcase then cut it out for the dresses?

Cookie

eiltcoq 03-22-2010 09:09 AM

Chrickett, I would be interested in the pattern, also. Do you have information for various sizes? Eiltcoq.

Chrickett 03-22-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by eiltcoq
Chrickett, I would be interested in the pattern, also. Do you have information for various sizes? Eiltcoq.

ok PM me and I will mail you all the information