Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Neat sewing machine ad in local paper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/neat-sewing-machine-ad-local-paper-t62619.html)

lazyquilter 09-01-2010 06:19 PM

I was going through the local paper here in Anne Arundel Cty, Maryland.. comes out Wednesdays and Saturdays. I caught it on Saturday and lost track of it. And saw it again this morning.
For Sale. Jaguar Sewing Machine $100.00. Well it peaked my interest so I went on line and finally found a vender, most of them in Austrialia. I am going to call this personal tomorrow if I am able to and ask her the model and how old it is. I am now very curious, especially as I have seen them on line now.
Anyone else ever heard of it or can share any personal knowledge.?

With thanks,
Blue

virtualbernie 09-01-2010 07:42 PM

I had never heard of one until your post. I looked it up--cute machine! Good luck!

moonwolf23 09-01-2010 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by bluestarmom
I was going through the local paper here in Anne Arundel Cty, Maryland.. comes out Wednesdays and Saturdays. I caught it on Saturday and lost track of it. And saw it again this morning.
For Sale. Jaguar Sewing Machine $100.00. Well it peaked my interest so I went on line and finally found a vender, most of them in Austrialia. I am going to call this personal tomorrow if I am able to and ask her the model and how old it is. I am now very curious, especially as I have seen them on line now.

With thanks,
Blue

Let us know if it growls or purrs as it sews:)

Ok back to my hidey hole after that bad joke

np3 09-01-2010 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by moonwolf23

Originally Posted by bluestarmom

With thanks,
Blue

Let us know if it growls or purrs as it sews:)

Ok back to my hidey hole after that bad joke

Funny!

lazyquilter 09-02-2010 03:16 AM

any and all jokes are welcome... even if they have to be told behind a screen so no one knows who said it. It only takes one snicker or giggle to get everyone else smiling. Besides, I love bad jokes.

CarrieAnne 09-02-2010 03:50 AM

Never seen one til I just lookedit up! Look really nice, cant wait til I hear if you get it!!!!!!!!!!!

raptureready 09-02-2010 04:51 AM

I want to see a picture of it to see if it has spots. LOL
Hope it's something really unique and that you get it. Remember to offer a little less say $65 then haggle. It might save you some money to spend on thread or fabric.

grandme26 09-02-2010 08:40 AM

Jaguar Sewing Machine, or a car or an animal?:-)

lazyquilter 09-02-2010 08:56 AM

Well, I called the woman who owns the machine and all I got wwas her machine. So I am hoping to touch base with her this evening as she probably works. I'd like to get the model number so I can see if it would even be feasiable to buy it for $100 if all the parts in information has to gotten from our neighborning large Iland on the other side of the pond and that woudl Austrilia. It will probably come with a miniture kangaro in it.