Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need advice! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-advice-t31664.html)

Camping Betty 12-15-2009 05:35 PM

I cross stitched a bedspread tht I bought from Herschiners and the quilting markings will not come out. A friend washed hers twice and the markings were still there so I sent mine to the cleaners hoping for for the best but every dot was still there.
I spent many hours on it for my Daughters Christmas.
any solutions out there?

Butterfli19 12-15-2009 05:54 PM

What did you use to mark the quilt?

Camping Betty 12-15-2009 06:06 PM

it came from Hershiners already had the quilting markings on it

Tiffany 12-15-2009 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Camping Betty
it came from Hershiners already had the quilting markings on it

I got the opportunity to watch some judges actually judge quilts for a quilt show. There was a quilt there that had little blue dots all over it, which the manufacturer had put there as a guide to the quilting. It never washed out and I was shocked to learn how common this is. The judges said to NEVER buy a quilt already pre-marked because a lot of times the markings are permenant. The problem is that they are heat set and while you may not have done any heat setting, it could have been set when being transported in the back of a delivery truck, especially if it was transported in the hotter months of summer. I'm sorry to say this but it may be that the marks will never come out. :cry:

Pinkiris 12-15-2009 08:27 PM

I'm so sorry that this happened to you after putting in what I'm sure was MANY hours on this project. Have you tried contacting Herrschner's to see what they suggest?

Sue

SulaBug 12-16-2009 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris
I'm so sorry that this happened to you after putting in what I'm sure was MANY hours on this project. Have you tried contacting Herrschner's to see what they suggest?

Sue

I agree, this would be your best bet. Check with them & Good Luck!! :D

amma 12-16-2009 03:28 AM

I am so sorry that this happened to you!!! I hope that Herrchner's has a solution for you!!

Camping Betty 12-16-2009 05:24 AM

Thanks for the help I will call herchiners today and let you know what they say

Camping Betty 12-16-2009 10:11 AM

i talked to Herschiners about the blue dots. they will not reemburse me because it has been over 6 months. well it took over 6 mo to cross stitch and hand quilt so that is out so My advice to all is to _NEVER buy a cross stitch quilt from Herschiners
because they will NOT stand behind their products :

Shemjo 12-16-2009 10:53 AM

We quilt a lot of their pieces, and I have never heard anyone complain about that before. We do hand quilting at my church for others and they like doing the preprinted designs. I personally like doing them because I don'thave to mark those!
I am so sorry that it happened to you. Did they offer any suggestions about how to get the marks out? Are you just going to have to live with them and let time take care of them?

I would ask some of the older ladies what they have done?