Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need advise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-advise-t166095.html)

sahm4605 11-04-2011 03:51 PM

need advise

2 Attachment(s)
I need help. and in a bad way. not sure how to proceed with this quilt yet. what would you guys suggest. I need to have 4" to the sides and 5 1/2" to the top and bottom to make the quilt the size of a full not including the "drop" on the sides and bottom and the top will have a "drop" that will be hidden by pillows. what do you guys suggest. I will also like suggestions for the "drops"/boarders. I was thinking of doing a 2" boarder around the top that I have already. and then I don't know what else to do. what do you guys think?

Carron 11-04-2011 03:57 PM

I can't think of what you should do right now but I must say your quilt is oh so BEAUTIFUL! WOW. Love it.

What is the name of the pattern?

wanda lou 11-04-2011 04:00 PM

It's very pretty.

nanna-up-north 11-04-2011 04:04 PM

Beautiful!! I don't always have the top the same as the sides and bottom. After all, the top will be hidden by pillows. I'd use the same fabrics and make borders of different widths to get the amount I need to add. Or, another thought might be to do some wedges in your border to coincide with the pattern you have. Good luck and don't forget to show us a picture when it's done.

sewmorethings 11-04-2011 04:06 PM

No advice, just wanted to tell you i think your quilt is gorgeous, Love the colors.

Ann912 11-04-2011 04:13 PM

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions either, but just have to say this is a gorgeous quilt!!

BKrenning 11-04-2011 04:40 PM

I would do a 2" border all around in the deep purple color and then do a 3" top & bottom and 2" on the sides of the light blue/periwinkle. Then I'd do another 2" of the deep purple all the way around and a final border of a matching floral to make it the size you're shooting for. I always go bigger than what I plan to make sure it will cover the bed if I have enough fabric. If I don't, then I get creative and start piecing borders which is my least favorite way to do borders. Too much math--LOL!

SherryW 11-04-2011 04:44 PM

Love the colors. It's very pretty, but I don't have advice for the borders. You'll figure it out. Good luck.

luckylindy333 11-04-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning (Post 4632853)
I would do a 2" border all around in the deep purple color and then do a 3" top & bottom and 2" on the sides of the light blue/periwinkle. Then I'd do another 2" of the deep purple all the way around and a final border of a matching floral to make it the size you're shooting for. I always go bigger than what I plan to make sure it will cover the bed if I have enough fabric. If I don't, then I get creative and start piecing borders which is my least favorite way to do borders. Too much math--LOL!

I agree- I like that idea and I don't calculate too much on sizes. Just keep adding borders until it is the right size. Love your quilt, just saw the angels- so pretty!
Linda

sewwhat85 11-04-2011 05:06 PM

beautiful quilt