Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help !!!!Brothers PE770 or Janome MC300E (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-brothers-pe770-janome-mc300e-t176302.html)

Tamara 01-20-2012 08:49 AM

Need help !!!!Brothers PE770 or Janome MC300E

I've been looking at embroidery machines for awhile now. I found a Janome MC300E this week at a fabric shop on sale from $999.00 for $599.00. I feel that this is a great deal from what I find on the internet, but I don't know anything able this machine. While I've been looking I looked mostly at the Brother PE770 because I could get it cheaper, will now the Janome is cheaper for me.
If you own one of these machine PLEASE give me your input. I will need to go pick up this weekend if I'm going to buy it. I'm having surgery tuesday and will be down for a few weeks, so this would be a great time to learn to use the machine.
Also what's the best software to buy, so that I can design my own designs?????
Thanks for all your help....

Jerseyrayne 01-20-2012 10:02 AM

I have had the Janome 300E for 5 years now, and I love it. I think that is a good price too, I paid $1100.00 for mine. I have never had any problems with it. Also I think for the money, Embird software is the best. I have it and I have been using it for over 10 years. I had Viking software, its good but way too expensive. I love the Embird, and I don't even have the digitizing portion, so far I have never really needed it. I do have some of their alphabets, and their ad-on software to do my own lettering with Fonts. You can download the Embird program and try it out for 30 days, I believe.
You can do so much with the basic program that it is almost like digitizing your own designs. I purchased mine through Secrets of Embroidery, who are great to deal with. For the money you can't beat it. If you need anymore info, I will be glad to help. Good Luck with your decision.

Tamara 01-20-2012 10:34 AM

Thank you so very much Jerseyrayne ! I had a Deco 600 years ago, but sold it able 5 years ago thinking I wouldn't need it anymore since I hadn't used it in years, not knowing that I would start sewing and quilting again. I loved being able to do my our designs, but everything has changed so much since I used my old machine. Plus I've lost a lot of my memory and I just don't remember what to use or what I need. I will learn again..
Thank you so much..

knlsmith 01-20-2012 11:13 AM

I have the 9500 fir embroidery. I am a huge Janome fan.

DeMaris 01-20-2012 11:59 AM

I love my Janome and wouldn't give it up for anything!!!! I have had it for a couple of years and have had not problems with it at all....love it!!!!

Tamara 01-20-2012 12:12 PM

What kind of software do you use DeMaris?

Tamara 01-20-2012 12:14 PM

Jerseyrayne, do you just have the basic Embird software? I've been looking at the site trying to see what I willneed to buy.. and What kind of computer do you run yours on?I have Windows 7 hope it will work good on it..

Jerseyrayne 01-20-2012 06:35 PM

I have the Basic Embird with the Iconizer ad-on (shows a pic of your design) and the Font Engine ad-on (to make your own alphabets and monograms using FTT fonts) and some Embirds alphabets that you can make any size you want. I have Windows XP on my computer which is about 5-6 years old. I don't have any problems using it on my computer. I would just try out the Embird basic and Iconizer first, you can always get the others separately and as you need or want them. There is also a yahoo group that you can join and get loads of help and info on all of Embirds software. It is called AbsolutelyEmbird .

Jerseyrayne 01-22-2012 09:40 AM

Tamara I was wondering what you decided buy and how you made out with Embird etc.