Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help choosing pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-choosing-pattern-t182041.html)

willferg 03-08-2012 07:57 AM

The 10 minute quilt block would look good, too, with each of the four colors and the print in the middle.

catmcclure 03-08-2012 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a quilt with fabric similar to this. I'm attaching a mockup using your fabrics. It's so easy to do[ATTACH=CONFIG]318199[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318199[/ATTACH]

Granny Quilter 03-08-2012 08:48 AM

The yellow and orange in small amounts will be great. Don't leave them out!

Yosamitesa 03-08-2012 08:59 AM

A Turning Twenty pattern would look really nice. Then there are the twister patterns. Depending on how much of the butterfly fabric you have, you could use that for your twisters and the other colors at the background. I just got a new quilt book called Fast and Fun First Quilts 18 projects for Instant Gratificaion by Sara Diepersloot. In there the patterns Cupcake Delight or Summer Camp would be PERFECT!!! You could also do solid squares of the butterfly fabric and then a star block using the other colors and alternate them with a solid color sashing and alternate color corner stone for each block.

Cherylsea 03-08-2012 12:27 PM

I have two old kits that I think would make up really nicely in your fabrics if you can find pictures - One is Michael Miller's Garden Princess and the other is also Michael Miller, Tea Time in Tokyo. They make good use of a large piece of focal fabric. Good luck, shyleigh

missgigglewings 03-09-2012 04:42 AM

Thanks for all the great ides! I am leaning toward doing the 10 minute block with the 2 butterfly corners, a blue corner and a purple corner. I will use the yellow and orange for the centers. I think this will show enough of the butterflys AND her favorite colors.

Handcraftsbyjen 03-09-2012 06:37 AM

10 Minute Block would look nice.

Handcraftsbyjen 03-09-2012 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 5044028)
Thanks for all the great ides! I am leaning toward doing the 10 minute block with the 2 butterfly corners, a blue corner and a purple corner. I will use the yellow and orange for the centers. I think this will show enough of the butterflys AND her favorite colors.

I'd probably do the butterflies as the centers and outer border and use the other colors for the squares behind the butterflies and use a solid as an inner border.

Mamaskeeto 03-09-2012 06:46 AM

What about a disappearing 9 patch? It would go together super fast.

missgigglewings 03-09-2012 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen (Post 5044331)
I'd probably do the butterflies as the centers and outer border and use the other colors for the squares behind the butterflies and use a solid as an inner border.

The butterflies are big..if I use them as the little center squares they will be lost. I think I will do an inner border of purple and an outer border, binding and backing in black!