Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help fast on buying carrier (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-fast-buying-carrier-t72002.html)

OHSue 10-24-2010 09:16 AM

I am going to WM or Joanns this afternoon and will be buying something to carry my Janome 6600 to a class tomorrow. I have seen discussions as to good carriers for these, but can't remember where. Can someone let me know what a good rolling carrier for a big machine would be. Thanks, I know you guys will help!

np3 10-24-2010 09:20 AM

I like the rolling totes best. Hancocks has the best prices. JoAnns is okay if you have a coupon. But I don't think the store carries much variety. Your best options are online but that doesn't work for you today.

patricej 10-24-2010 09:55 AM

measure your machine first.

take a tape measure with you so you can check the inner dimensions of the carriers.

there are not many carriers on the market that will hold a machine the size of a 6600.

p.s. - if you find one, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze post info and photo. i'd like to have a carrier for mine, too.

many thanks :-)

np3 10-24-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
measure your machine first.

take a tape measure with you so you can check the inner dimensions of the carriers.

there are not many carriers on the market that will hold a machine the size of a 6600.

p.s. - if you find one, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze post info and photo. i'd like to have a carrier for mine, too.

many thanks :-)

Try allbrands.com

My machine is 19 inches and I found one on here for it. I think they had them up to 22 inches inside

nursie76 10-24-2010 10:14 AM

I have seem some at places like Michaels and A.C. Moore that are really intended for scrapbooking supplies or the Cricket cutter, but I got one a while ago and it worked great for the machine I had then.

bj 10-24-2010 10:18 AM

I have my extra machine in a rolling suitcase (small), with a small cutting board, a ruler, and a ziploc bag with scissors,thread,pins,extra bobbin,rotary cutter, and a stitch ripper. I also carry a small spiral notebook and a mechanical pencil for notes and marking on the fabric, if I need to. When I'm not rolling it, I make sure it is sitting on the floor so that the machine is upright so nothing leaks out or gets out of whack. It's worked well for me so far (about 3 years), but mine is not an expensive machine.

ka9sdn 10-24-2010 11:07 AM

As mentiond measuire your machine as the Janome machines don't fit well in the generic bags/roller bags. Do go with a wheeled type.

Quiltforme 10-24-2010 01:43 PM

I purchased mine from HSN.com for $65 I love it it has so many different compartments but I love the long handle and the roller wheels!!!

scowlkat 10-24-2010 07:26 PM

No problem finding a carrier for a machine the size of the 6600 - try it for a Babylock Ellisimo! I personally think they should have given one with the machine.