Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with my sewing machine..Oh no (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-my-sewing-machine-oh-no-t191229.html)

craftinggrandma 06-10-2012 04:15 AM

Thanks so much for all the help. I went to my local joanns to pick up a few things and took the sample of fabric that I have pictured here with me. The one lady that does a lot of quilting and sewing asked me if I could bring my machine back to the store and she would look at it. So I went back home and got my sewing machine and took it there for her to look at. She changed the needle, rethreaded with it and changed tension but still with the same results that I got. When she put the tension up to 9 the highest it would go it looked a little better. She told me to call singer since I have only had this machine for 9months. So I will call them on Monday.

krissr 06-10-2012 09:57 AM

check your bobbin carefully and see if a speck is holding the bobbin tension open. I had this happen and it was a hard piece of lint. Use a pipe cleaner and put your foot and run it thru the tensions this might work

oleganny 06-10-2012 01:50 PM

I had soemthing like this happen with my Pfaff & according to the repairman it was them timing - didn't have a clue that machines had "timing" - lol but he was able to fix it

sallyjj 06-10-2012 02:15 PM

As mentioned above re thread from taking the spool of thread off and putting the spool of thread back on, then make sure you take the bobbin out and re thread it also. take off the pressure foot and wipe it with alcohol the dry it well. Dust out the bobbin case and the feed dogs. One of these usually fixes these kinds of problem for me, and should be done periodically anyway. Hope you are back in business soon.

w7sue 06-10-2012 04:25 PM

On my longarm machine I was having the same issue with the thread making bumps on the back side of a quilt - it turned out the tension on my bobbin was too tight - loosened it up until the bobbin could not be pulled up out of my hand by the thread - worked for me ...

cwcquilters 06-10-2012 04:47 PM

I also have one of these machines and finally gave up fighting the tension problems and changed machines. I have not been able to find anyone that knows the solution to this problem. Should I ever become successful I will post what that solution is. I tried everything to fix it or find a fix and could not.

Nancy/Ohio

M.I.Late 06-10-2012 06:07 PM

I know you're taking your machine in, but I just remembered, this also happened to me when my bobbin was a bit too full. It doesn't do it all the time - but from time to time - I have to back off about a yard of thread (sometimes 2) then it works fine. No other adjustments were made... Probably not the problem but wanted to throw it out there. This happened to me.

Christine- 06-10-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by craftinggrandma (Post 5276999)
I did clean the bobbin out before I had run it before it went crazy. I even took out the bobbin case. Sure hope I didn't mess up something in there.

This is a clue! You cleaned the bobbin out before it went crazy.

Pull the bobbin thread and see if the bobbin turns clockwise or counter-clockwise. Then flip the bobbin over and try sewing again. If it fixes the problem, be sure you place the bobbin this direction every time.

LadyCougar 06-10-2012 07:14 PM

Agree with everyone, but you can try using untaxed dental floss thread it through the machine and pull it through. Dental floss really cleans the tension.

CoyoteQuilts 06-10-2012 07:59 PM

Try rethreading again. I bet your thread isn't in the top tension disc....