Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with a name (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-name-t109182.html)

lynnsim 03-20-2011 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When I see a quilt picture I like, I try to save it. I saved this photo for future reference; now I would like to try the last border for a round on a Round Robin. But the photo is kinda small. Does anyone know the name of the quilt?

milp04 03-20-2011 11:11 AM

Hi Lynn,

The place where you see the picture(s) should give you some indication. Start there, ask questions from where you found the picture. You should get an answer about the name of the quilt pattern.

Pam M

lynnsim 03-20-2011 11:15 AM

Well, I wasn't smart enough to save the site name. Guess I was surfing and just saved the photo, thinking I could copy it myself. It's the outside corners that I like so much. But I didn't realize I couldn't enlarge the photo. I need catract surgery, so my eyes aren't good right now.
Hopefully, someone will remember seeing this same quilt.

Scissor Queen 03-20-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by lynnsim
When I see a quilt picture I like, I try to save it. I saved this photo for future reference; now I would like to try the last border for a round on a Round Robin. But the photo is kinda small. Does anyone know the name of the quilt?

It shouldn't be that hard to do that border. It's a 9 patch in the corner with three strips with three squares on each end.

lynnsim 03-20-2011 11:18 AM

Thanks! Your eyes are a lot better than mine, lol.

Scissor Queen 03-20-2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by lynnsim
Thanks! Your eyes are a lot better than mine, lol.

It might even be two rows of squares on each end of the strips. I would be real tempted to make this an asymetical border and do some applique on two of the corners.

irishrose 03-20-2011 01:05 PM

The stripes are three colors equal in width. Then two strips of 3 patches are sewn on so you have your strip with six patches in two rows attached to each end of the border. Then comes the nine patch corner.

If you start with 2 1/2 inch squares and 2 1/2 inch strips, you should finish with a six inch border. 3 inches will give you seven and a half. Technically, the measurement will be 6 1/4 or 7 3/4, as you aren't seaming the very outside. For a border, I wouldn't be concerned with that 1/4.

Up North 03-20-2011 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this will help or not. Kind of fuzzy but you get the idea

lynnsim 03-20-2011 01:58 PM

Thanks for all the help. I've picked out some fabrics from my stash, but will need to buy some green tomorrow. Of all the greens I have, nothing quite matches the center block. Guess this is why I love my scrappy quilts -- anything goes!

crafty_linda_b 03-20-2011 02:11 PM

Lynn that is so pretty..it will be a great border on the RR you are doing. Have Janice draw a prototype of it for you on some paper. It really doesn't look complicated. But I know with your recent eye surgery it might be hard for you to see. Good Luck
Happy Stitchin' Linda B.