Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help for new sewer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-new-sewer-t48104.html)

missgigglewings 06-15-2010 07:22 PM

Keyboard or block? lets us know, we are ready to mail it to her!

jacqstash 06-15-2010 08:15 PM

She must be so excited - I would be just to see the variety of fabrics!

Schnookie 06-15-2010 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
Maybe it doesn't have to be a block. We can just send a signature strip and Justeena can make a piano key border using them with some contributed fabric, or add to a pieced backing. Karie, what do you think?

:oops:
I have never made a signature strip or block before how do you make one? What size fabric, and so on.

karielt 06-16-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings

I think keyboard would work then we could put it on the back. What do you think. 5.5 x 3.5

Quilt Mom 06-16-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Schnookie

Originally Posted by Evie
Maybe it doesn't have to be a block. We can just send a signature strip and Justeena can make a piano key border using them with some contributed fabric, or add to a pieced backing. Karie, what do you think?

:oops:
I have never made a signature strip or block before how do you make one? What size fabric, and so on.

Karie is suggesting a strip of fabric, 3.5" x 5.5", signed. then Justeena can join the strips and add it to the quilt, back or front.

BTW, Schnookie, cute avatar!

dungeonquilts 06-16-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by karielt

I think keyboard would work then we could put it on the back. What do you think. 5.5 x 3.5

If you do the keyboard... is this the size mention in "white" material.....not sure what is required for this, however what a "neat idea" keep us posted on this. My letter and envelope went out today :)

Evie 06-16-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by dungeonquilts

Originally Posted by karielt

If you do the keyboard... is this the size mention in "white" material.....not sure what is required for this, however what a "neat idea" keep us posted on this. My letter and envelope went out today :)

I'm in. Any white or ? What info? Screen name, real name and location would be good. Located in middle along the 5.5 length? (I'd draw a picture but don't have a scanner :() Let us know and we're on it! I'm excited!

karielt 06-16-2010 10:16 AM

Ok let me know what you think... I say a light or med color fabric 5.5 x 3.5. This way it will still be fun colors. Put your Screen name, Real name and location on it. For those of you that want to.

Schnookie 06-16-2010 11:36 AM

Thanks Quilt Mom, that is Jimi my 10 year old Airedale, when he was a puppy. I just love my fur baby!

I am in also. I had my package ready to mail but haven't had a car to take it to the post...so I will make one 3.5 x 5.5 and stick it in and get it to the post by Friday. Oh I cannot wait to see what she does with this all...so much fun!

laparshall 06-16-2010 12:00 PM

Just to be clear, the key board border when sewn together will be 5" wide, right?