Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help organizing your stash?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-organizing-your-stash-t91713.html)

kflan 01-19-2011 05:09 PM

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I had that much fabric. I would be racking my brain trying to figure out something to do with all of it and not be wasteful. I feel much better about my own stash after seeing this one.

Airwick156 01-19-2011 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl

Originally Posted by mountain deb

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Quite organized. She spent a fortune, I mean a real fortune on all those containers!!!!

Dang, think of the fabric she could have bought with the money she used to buy all those containers.

I thought the same, but then thought she has to use all the containers since she's working in her basement ... humidity & spiders she mentioned ...

She also said that theres been water in the basement too. If I recall.

Airwick156 01-19-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Peggy Payson
I love her method!!!!!!!!! Just think how much time it saves her to start her next quilt.

I'm sure it was time comsuming to get it organized, but after that it's a piece of cake as long as when she buys more she puts it in the appropriate container.

Now, if I could only find these containers for about $1.00 each??? LOL

Peggy

I have a bunch of plastic containers similar to those that I have gotten at walmart for $1.50 each.

p38flygirl 01-19-2011 05:20 PM

all I can say is WOW......

carolaug 01-19-2011 05:40 PM

Well I have to say,,,this is making me think twice about buying anymore fabric until I use up what I have,..this is a good reminder what buying, buying, buying can do...thankfully I only have a closet full...that are in bins. I was going to buy some more for a quilt I am making,..of course we are always looking for the perfect colors and prints but I think I will use what I have.

quilt queen 01-19-2011 05:41 PM

How does she find time to quilt? I've spent the last two weeks sorting my,trying to organize so that I can find what I'm looking for.
I will never get that organized..when I finish my sewing room make over I will try to show pictures...just don't expect it to be anywhere close to hers. It does feel good to "straighten" out things.

JUNEC 01-19-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Quite organized. She spent a fortune, I mean a real fortune on all those containers!!!!

OMG - I thought the same thing - next thought was gee if you didn't spend all that money on containers & shelves - you could have bought more fabric.............EEEEEHHHHH -
She is never going to see my "SEWING ROOM"

penski 01-19-2011 05:59 PM

wow that is amazing

iquilter 01-19-2011 06:12 PM

wow!

Izaquilter 01-19-2011 06:22 PM

Now she needs Fabric Fondlers Annoumous! The saying "she with the most fabric wins...." I think she may be running a tight race there! U-B-E-I-L-E-V-A-B-L-E