Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Help with "Printed Treasures" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-printed-treasures-t203780.html)

JENNR8R 10-20-2012 03:43 PM

Need Help with "Printed Treasures"

I use Printed Treasures inkjet printable fabric for making labels for my quilts. I can never get the paper to peel off completely. Then, in an effort to remove the rest of the paper, I end up stretching the label.

I wonder if I have an old product and something manufactured more recently would still have this problem?

Do you have a trick for removing the paper from the fabric completely?

0tis 10-20-2012 03:48 PM

I have had the same problem - I emailed the company and they told me to steam it - well that didn't work either - I just basically "scratched" the paper part off - my LQS did give me a couple of sheets to replace it - I just won't use that particular type anymore. I like the fusible ones better.

JENNR8R 10-20-2012 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis (Post 5600134)
... I like the fusible ones better.

What brand do you like?

katier825 10-20-2012 04:28 PM

After 24 hours, I run my inkjet sheets under cool water to remove any loose ink and to remove the residual paper. It comes off very easy - peels off like dried elmer's glue. I let them dry flat on a towel, then press and use.

gramajo 10-20-2012 04:30 PM

I prefer Printed Treasure for the quality and stability of the print. That said, the last time I used it, I had the same problem you are describing. I e-mailed the co. about the problem & never heard from them. A couple of people on the board suggested pressing it & slooowly pulling the backing off. I pressed a section & started pulling, went to the next section, pressed & pulled. I eventually got it off, but it was a huge pain.

DogHouseMom 10-20-2012 04:51 PM

Try using freezer paper with treated fabric (treated with BubbleJet2000). Of course .. after you have used all of the fabric you already purchased (no use letting it all go to waste).

The BubbleJet200 is not cheap, but I've not priced the specialty fabric so I can't compare.

SittingPretty 10-20-2012 05:03 PM

I've actually soaked the Printed Treasures paper after letting it dry for a day. Then I just rolled it off with my fingers. I soaked it only for a couple of minutes. I have an Epson printer, so the Durabrite ink is really durable and not likely to wash away.

Phyllis42 10-20-2012 06:25 PM

I just made a label with Printed Treasures. Print. Press. Peel. Wet completely...do not soak. Pat dry. Hang to dry, i.e. skirt hangar. Use muslin to cut out same size. Sew front to front leaving small opening to turn. Works beautiful. Many compliments.

0tis 10-21-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R (Post 5600158)
What brand do you like?

I have the best luck with June Tailor brand - they are fusible - so I print, iron and then I will sew around the permiter to assure that its permanent.

Deborahlees 10-21-2012 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by katier825 (Post 5600219)
After 24 hours, I run my inkjet sheets under cool water to remove any loose ink and to remove the residual paper. It comes off very easy - peels off like dried elmer's glue. I let them dry flat on a towel, then press and use.

Exactly what I do also