Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-t58226.html)

chamby 08-07-2010 04:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I had several pre-cut practice squares that a lady gave me some time ago. I have been putting them together. I also tried using the same color scheme to make additonal blocks. I am wanting to put these together as a lap quilt. I want to use the quilt as you go method that was shared on this board. I know it is kind of scrappy but that is okay with me. I just need to know what color or print to use for the backing since it will also be showing on the front as a sashing. Please help with suggestions.

SueDor 08-07-2010 04:25 AM

Hi there,
I think a dark color/print would bring out the colors of your blocks.

mygirl66 08-07-2010 04:26 AM

Red seems to be a color thru out the quilt blocks, or you could try brown, that seems to be another color that would go with it. I love the blocks, very pretty!

TammyD 08-07-2010 04:27 AM

Hi! I would audition fabrics and see what color pleases you. What catches my eye for possibilities is a med-dark grey or pink.

brushandthimble 08-07-2010 04:32 AM

My first thought was black (solid), but then started thinking maybe a black and white print. Audition checks or strips, cut across the strips and it would look that piano keys.

chamby 08-07-2010 04:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by chamby
I had several pre-cut practice squares that a lady gave me some time ago. I have been putting them together. I also tried using the same color scheme to make additonal blocks. I am wanting to put these together as a lap quilt. I want to use the quilt as you go method that was shared on this board. I know it is kind of scrappy but that is okay with me. I just need to know what color or print to use for the backing since it will also be showing on the front as a sashing. Please help with suggestions.

I have these on hand. What do you think?

sewcrafty 08-07-2010 04:37 AM

The 2nd one. Its looks beige on my screen. Do you happen to have any dark green? When looking at your blocks I see a lot that in them and think that might look nice also.

mlaceruby 08-07-2010 04:38 AM

I think you need something darker and that reads nore as a solid to bring out the blocks.
But that is my opionion!LOL
do what you like!
I always go with the "oooH"
whenever choosing fabrics the one that makes me fo "oooH" is the one to use!

chamby 08-07-2010 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
The 2nd one. Its looks beige on my screen. Do you happen to have any dark green? When looking at your blocks I see a lot that in them and think that might look nice also.

I thought about the dark green. but the first block has dark green in the boarder. I thought that this would blend in too much.

chamby 08-07-2010 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
I think you need something darker and that reads nore as a solid to bring out the blocks.
But that is my opionion!LOL
do what you like!
I always go with the "oooH"
whenever choosing fabrics the one that makes me fo "oooH" is the one to use!

I am all for the darker too. But with so many colors in this one where would I go in the color choice.