Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help unlearning childhood habit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-unlearning-childhood-habit-t141298.html)

sheree alexander 07-31-2011 04:14 AM

I think you should just take a chance and have just 2 projects going at once. Just 2--so that it doesn't make you feel uncomfortable but gives you a chance to rock back and forth depending on your mood.

KarenS 07-31-2011 04:34 AM

I am the same way! I always work on one quilt at a time, or one project at a time. I don't like seeing unfinished projects laying around. I also don't like misplacing things and feel much more organized if I have only one thing going. I am also one of those who cleans my sewing room when my project is done before I start another one!!! We all have our little habits, don't we???

Craftypigg 07-31-2011 04:41 AM

I only have one at a time... One machine piece, one appliqué, one hand embroidery, one red, one green, one shop hop quilt...

Stitcher317 07-31-2011 04:51 AM

Because I most likely have adult ADD, I need the stimulation of finding and planning new projects. I don't have to force myself to stay on task because I am so eager to see the finished project. Now, if I could only cut my Internet time in half, I could accomplish so much more at the machine! How about 48 hr days? :)

ButtermilkMama 07-31-2011 04:56 AM

I sometimes wish I had "that problem". I have way too many interruptions when I am involved in a project. Pretty soon I can't remember which one was started first. Could be my age.

kuntryquilter 07-31-2011 04:57 AM

I wish I only had one project started. Seems when I start something new, I never get back to the one I laid aside. I probably have at least 10 UFO's

babygirl8 07-31-2011 04:58 AM

If you find something else you might like to try, buy the fabric and supplies, and lay it out to get a feel for it. This encourages me to complete what I am doing and I feel excited to start another project that I see and admire the fabrics and designs. Maybe this will help.

weezie 07-31-2011 05:00 AM

I do one top at a time, but have a lot of tops stored in boxes that have to be sandwiched & quilted, plus I've been hand quilting 2 king sized quilts for years. However, those are not a problem for me ... my problem is the need for perfection. All my seams, points, etc. must be perfect. I can live with something being 1 thread-width off, but any more than that, I have to re-do. The point being is that I un-sew a LOT and spend much time making corrections. This is particularly annoying when I've almost completed a quilt top and am down to the big stuff like putting rows together and attaching borders. Although I am pleased with the final result, I am truly sick of it by the time I get done.

ka9sdn 07-31-2011 05:02 AM

Wish I could be more like you--get something done. I do try to keep my UFOs to a minimum.

quiltmagnet 07-31-2011 05:17 AM

I am the same way but right now I am just about finished with a quilt that I am tying but then I got a pattern from my friend and that that's going to be my next project so I think of the colors I will use etc ...... no sewing till my
quilt is done.