Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Help--What To Do With This Fabric?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-what-do-fabric-t95764.html)

sewwhat85 02-01-2011 08:51 AM

that is a good idea

thepolyparrot 02-01-2011 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Applique the larger ones to a large plain block, and do the same with the samler ones to smaller blocks. Then get creative with sashing. You can use them in several different quilts. Maybe a 9 patch in between with heart prints?

I like this idea - this fabric is perfect for applique! :) Sooooo cute!

yolanda 02-01-2011 08:58 AM

You keep part of it for a panel and cut a bear or two out for an applique'd matching pillow?

KathyAire 02-01-2011 09:12 AM

Cut one bear out and sew a back to him. Stuff him and give it with the quilt.

kateyb 02-01-2011 09:15 AM

One of the ladies in our guild used them in square, and rectangular blocks. She cut them out as close as possible to one of those sizes with as much fabric around them as possible, then added strips in odd triangle shapes to make a square or rectangle then made a design around them. ie. a square became the center of a star, a rectangle became the center of a courthouse steps. It was a great way to use most of the original fabric and very nice when done. Hers were loony toon characters. If you wanted to keep it simpler just add sashing around each one.

LindaM 02-01-2011 09:33 AM

This gets my vote - the bears are spaced well enough apart and evenly that you should be able to get nice square or rectangle out of each one!

Originally Posted by kateyb
One of the ladies in our guild used them in square, and rectangular blocks. She cut them out as close as possible to one of those sizes with as much fabric around them as possible, then added strips in odd triangle shapes to make a square or rectangle then made a design around them. ie. a square became the center of a star, a rectangle became the center of a courthouse steps. It was a great way to use most of the original fabric and very nice when done. Hers were loony toon characters. If you wanted to keep it simpler just add sashing around each one.

quiltlonger 02-01-2011 09:36 AM

It's Beary cute, I'd want it left whole or applique each on a background so as not to cut up bears

Cyn 02-01-2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I would keep it whole and use it like a panel. Cute hearts in the border would be great or just use solids for the border. That is darling fabric.

ditto :)

Ps 150 02-01-2011 10:48 AM

Oooh, I just don't know. I like the idea of the center panel but I also like the idea of fussy cutting some or applique. This is quite the connundrum. Hmmmm.

redhawk 02-01-2011 11:11 AM

I see cutting the little bears in long strips. Squaring the larger bears and making the wonky blocks with rectangles---maybe several rectangles to give a more back & forth look. The the strips could be used as inside borders.

You could call it "My Funny Bearentine"