Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   In need of ideas for boarders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-ideas-boarders-t245950.html)

phrogldy34 04-28-2014 06:22 PM

In need of ideas for boarders

1 Attachment(s)
This is a quilt for my Granddaughter. I'm considering a thin black boarder then a 3 inch zebra print boarder with a pink binding. All ideas welcome, thanks.

Dina 04-28-2014 07:20 PM

Oh, I think that sounds just right!!! I have a friend who did a zebra print with pink and it ended up being wonderful, but....now don't tell....yours looks better. I really like your quilt!

Dina

eparys 04-28-2014 07:28 PM

Very very cute - I am liking the first border as black - but I might do it this way - a 2" Black, a 1" Zebra and 2" Black with a Pink binding. The quilt center already draws your attention- the 3" Zebra border might be too much and distract from the overall visual impact. The predominance of black in the border might frame it better.

Can not wait to see it completed!!

NanaCsews2 04-28-2014 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by eparys (Post 6695820)
Very very cute - I am liking the first border as black - but I might do it this way - a 2" Black, a 1" Zebra and 2" Black with a Pink binding. The quilt center already draws your attention- the 3" Zebra border might be too much and distract from the overall visual impact. The predominance of black in the border might frame it better.

I agree, the zebra blocks are already highlighted. Another idea--1" black, then 2" pink, and then a 1" zebra binding.

Tartan 04-28-2014 08:35 PM

Cute top and I like your suggestions. It looks trendy and modern and the black then zebra will reinforce that look.

triplerosa 04-29-2014 02:18 AM

i like eparys idea for a border and love the pink binding idea

CookyIN 04-29-2014 03:16 AM

This sounds absolutely perfect! At first I liked the OP's border plan, but believe yours will showcase the pattern of the quilt to greater advantage. I envy your great eye for color and pattern!

justflyingin 04-29-2014 03:38 AM

Very very cute - I am liking the first border as black - but I might do it this way - a 2" Black, a 1" Zebra and 2" Black with a Pink binding. The quilt center already draws your attention-

I agree. I think that is a fantastic idea.

Auntie V 04-29-2014 05:09 AM

You did not say what the backing is. I would factor that into the choice of border placement. Using it as the first border or the binding then use the other color/fabric choices as the other two borders.

Jeanne S 04-29-2014 06:01 AM

I like the borders and binding as you proposed.