Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Input for questions on Secret Pal Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-input-questions-secret-pal-swap-t146785.html)

Lori Peercy 08-21-2011 11:29 AM

As I have been adjusting to the position of hosting the Secret Pal Swap I have been doing some homework by looking at other swaps. In order to eliminate any potential problems other swaps have added some other questions. These include;
Do you have any allergies (smoke, cats,dogs etc)
Do you have any allergens ( you smoke, have cats, dogs etc)
It has been suggested that we add Would you like to receive old sewing magazines. What is your favorite beverage. I am open to any and all suggestions. It is nearing the sign up for the Sept swap and I feel we need to revamp the questions to the benefit of all involved. Please post any ideas you may have and I will be reading this daily.

reeskylr 08-21-2011 11:35 AM

I agree that those could be included, Lori :)

Maybe patterns? If they like doing redwork, or blue work or just embroidery. I have a few of Aunt Martha's iron on patterns. I don't want to send them along if they won't be used. But I don't do embroidery that much to keep them.

mscupid804 08-21-2011 11:36 AM

Lori, when I had my SP I was wondering what type of quilting she did: long-arm, machine, hand, or free motion. This helps in buying the right thread to use and also templates for hand quilting. Also if the person has pet(s) and what are they: dog, cat, etc., and list their favorite treats. I'll try and think of others....oh......last question can be, "The ONE thing I want the most is___________."

ploverwi2 08-21-2011 11:40 AM

I would love to receive old "Applique" magazines. That is a great question to add, also old and unwanted "Applique" books.
Knowing what the SP likes to quilt best would be a great help.
You are doing such an awesome job with managing this SP swap. It is such a joy to participate.

mscupid804 08-21-2011 12:02 PM

"You are doing such an awesome job with managing this SP swap. It is such a joy to participate."

I agree!

FQ Stash Queen 08-21-2011 12:12 PM

Not sure why you need to know about a beverage. Maybe ask about sharing a recipe. I think we should stick a little closer to the quilting.

mscupid804 08-21-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Not sure why you need to know about a beverage. I think we should stick a little closer to the quilting.

Probably for the same reason favorite candy is already in use....flavored teas can be sent as well as coffee. Don't know if coffee come in small packs tho.

SLHughes 08-21-2011 12:23 PM

I also believe that the more questions we have and also the more detail we give the easier it is to shop for. I know one of my Secret Pal's said they made Christmas ornaments as another hobby ... well I wasn't sure if they made them out of beads, sequins, ... also when they say they also like to read ... what category do you like to read? Fiction, Non-fiction, Mystery, True crime.

I guess for the one answering the questions should give more information ... elaborate a little more.

But there is nothing wrong with adding more questions either.

I also agree with the question on what type of quilting do you do ... and also the kind of beverages ...

Vanuatu Jill 08-21-2011 12:30 PM

I like the idea of asking what type of dog or cat or pet they have-I have found such cute stuff for my sister who has Daschounds- also, a wish list for quilting stuff-type of magazines, notions, fabrics, patterns, thread, etc.

Lori Peercy 08-21-2011 12:32 PM

You are all coming up with such GREAT ideas keep them coming!