Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need input on quilting machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-input-quilting-machine-t138858.html)

Tumdarra 07-19-2011 05:59 PM

I am looking at purchasing a new quilting machine, I want one that has a large throat 9-12 ins. I would like some input as to which machine is a good buy and good quality, I cant spend a fortune but am looking for something that I wont have to replace for many years. hope you can help with info, models and pricing approx.

kheliwud 07-19-2011 06:02 PM

I have a Viking Sapphire 830 (an older model) with 11" throat and a Baby Lock Quilters Quest with a 9" throat. Had the Viking for 4 years, no problems. Just got the Baby Lock, no problems. Why do I have 2? Well I quilt every day and I was afraid I might wear one of them out!

Tumdarra 07-19-2011 06:05 PM

I have seen the babylock, they are nice. Unfortunately we dont have dealer right in town but one about 40miles away. Does a 9 in do a queen size quilt, that is probably the max size i would do

NanaCsews2 07-19-2011 06:09 PM

I have the Babylock Jane with a 9" throat and I really like it. Does the piecing, and the quilting. Sews jeans beautifully! I drive 90 miles to my dealer and it is worth the road trip. Brother and Janome probably compare, but I like the warranty on the Babylocks, not to mention the service at the dealer.

sewnsewer2 07-19-2011 06:25 PM

My juki TL98Q has a 9" throat. It only does straight stitching tho, no fancy stitches. Check ebay, I got mine there at a good price.

quilterella 07-20-2011 01:57 AM

I just got a Husquvarna Saphhire 875 and love it. My Janome 6600 had to be sent away for what I thought was a major problem (that's what you get for listening to people that don't know nothing) and started looking at other machines. Anyway I decided on the Sapphire 875, it is an awesome machine. Now I have two great machines, because my Janome is completely serviced and working as good as ever ( it was a fuse).

be a quilter 07-20-2011 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by quilterella
I just got a Husquvarna Saphhire 875 and love it. My Janome 6600 had to be sent away for what I thought was a major problem (that's what you get for listening to people that don't know nothing) and started looking at other machines. Anyway I decided on the Sapphire 875, it is an awesome machine. Now I have two great machines, because my Janome is completely serviced and working as good as ever ( it was a fuse).

A fuse in the machine????

quilterella 07-20-2011 02:20 AM

Yes, there are actually three fuses in the Janome 6600. They are very small and probably 3/4" in length. The one that went was for the step motor, therefore I got many error messages and no movement. I got it fixed for free because I had purchased the Sapphire 875 from the shop, otherwise, it would have been $150.00. Needless to say, I will definitely take both my machines there for servicing.

quilterella 07-20-2011 02:20 AM

OOPS...fingers are quicker than than internet this morning.

be a quilter 07-20-2011 02:22 AM

That is good to know. I have the Janome 6600 and I love it!! Are the fuses easy to get to or is it something you would want a shop to do?