Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need opinions please! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-opinions-please-t49576.html)

bearisgray 06-14-2010 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I like to use a thin (one and one half inch) border like black or a complimentary color (not a fabric in the quilt) to stop the eye then add one of the blue's you have in a wider border. Just an option. Love the quilt. Wonderful colors

I thought of this too, but couldn't think of a color that would work - other than white.

Maride 06-14-2010 05:01 AM

I like to use a thin (one and one half inch) border like black or a complimentary color (not a fabric in the quilt) to stop the eye then add one of the blue's you have in a wider border. Just an option. Love the quilt. Wonderful colors

Ditto

shaverg 06-14-2010 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray

I thought of this too, but couldn't think of a color that would work - other than white.

Actually if you wanted to do that, I think a 1" inner border of the bright yellow, before the B border would be great. I don't think it matters if it touches some of the yellow in the quilt.

mosher92 06-14-2010 05:03 AM

although most seem to like B I like the idea of the thin border and then A. I do think it makes a quilt POP with the thin border. I like A because with B some of the fabric will blend unless you use the skinny border. There, that is my nickel's worth. (inflation ya know).

grammyp 06-14-2010 05:03 AM

I like A myself. When the border touches a matching block it interrupts the pattern to me. I like that block, it makes a nice boy quilt.

cjomomma 06-14-2010 05:18 AM

Boy that is a hard decision. I like both but B is better except the fact that it touches the blue blocks. Maybe use a color that is not in the quilt for a thin inner border, then the blue. Like a black then the B border. I'm no help this morn.

dphelps 06-14-2010 05:36 AM

I agree and think B for the outside wider border.

Pam 06-14-2010 05:37 AM

I vote for thin red border then B. Is this helping, LOL Lots of suggestions.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-14-2010 05:48 AM

What a great idea! And I love the quilt!! Such a happy one :thumbup:

GrammaNan 06-14-2010 05:54 AM

I like "B". Baby boys love colors and the fabric has such bright colors and has lots of visual impact for a little boy to adore.