Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need some Tin Lizzie help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-some-tin-lizzie-help-t70936.html)

Poodle Paws 10-18-2010 02:49 PM

Hi.. I am new to the forum and read some of the post under the topic which long arm quilter is the best so I know several of you own Tin Lizzie and was hoping to get some help.. I own a Ansley 26 with Shirley Stitcher. For me it has been a nightmare. When the machine sews it misses stitches and lots of them. I have tried what it says in the manual new needle and proper threading but it still skips. Any idea?

paloma 10-18-2010 02:53 PM

con tact tin lizzie and ask for help

Poodle Paws 10-18-2010 03:09 PM

I have contacted them but I can never get a live person.. and never get a return phone call. I was just hoping someone else might have run into the same problem and have some words of wisdom for me.. :)

littlehud 10-18-2010 03:19 PM

I can't help you but wanted to say hello and welcome.

cutebuns 10-18-2010 05:34 PM

Where did you get the machine? Was it a dealer or a private sale?

aborning 10-18-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Poodle Paws
Hi.. I am new to the forum and read some of the post under the topic which long arm quilter is the best so I know several of you own Tin Lizzie and was hoping to get some help.. I own a Ansley 26 with Shirley Stitcher. For me it has been a nightmare. When the machine sews it misses stitches and lots of them. I have tried what it says in the manual new needle and proper threading but it still skips. Any idea?

Did you re-check your needle to make sure it is in the correct direction? What about trying another new needle? or a different size needle? Did you try completely re-threading the machine?

stewyscrewy 10-18-2010 06:04 PM

it sounds to me like you have a timing issue. please go to www.tinlizzie18.com and go to the tin lizzie blog down on the bottom of the page and it will lead you to the next page and click on dicusion topics and then click on lizie help and follow directions and you will get personal help. They came up with this method of communications to help serve us owners better.

brings 10-19-2010 05:42 AM

I don't know what kind of foot you are using on your tin Lizzie but i have a huskvarna machine and my in law gave me a universal walking foot to use at first my machine sewed wonderful with it but it started to do all things you mentioned and i try every thing then one day i changed the walking for a different one and now my machine works wonderful again ,it didn't like that foot. maybe try a different foot hope this helps

mytwopals 10-19-2010 06:54 AM

Try running a line of stitches with the stitch regulator turned off. Then do the same with the stitch regulator turned on.

If both lines of stitching are skipping stitches, the problem is either timing, needle, the quilt is positioned too high off the bed of the machine or the quilt is too taut between the rollers.

If only the stitch regulated line is skipping stitches, clean your rails and make certain the encoder wheels are clean and adjusted to rest on the tracks properly.

Poodle Paws 10-19-2010 07:43 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! And all of the great advise. I tried the presser foot and that seemed to work.. I can go back to quilting! :P