Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need suggestions for lattice???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-suggestions-lattice-t12535.html)

salisaquilter 10-23-2008 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Need suggestions on lattice for this appliqued butterfly Quilt. The blocks are 18x18 and I have appliqued the butterfly where I was to embroider.
I did embroider the floral edges...and they are all different .. Each embroidery complements the butterfly. There are 12 of these and I want to do something for the lattice and just can't figure what to use. Please help :roll: :?

Izy 10-23-2008 01:00 PM

I am not sure exactly what you are asking help about, but just wanted to say how beautiful I think your quilt is going to be :D

Catherine 10-23-2008 01:01 PM

use fabrics from your butterflys

bebe 10-23-2008 01:02 PM

I would use a solid from the Aunt Gracie line. I like the idea of a lavender or light green. If you use solids it will make it look like old fashion.
great looking butterflies :D

salisaquilter 10-23-2008 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
I am not sure exactly what you are asking help about, but just wanted to say how beautiful I think your quilt is going to be :D

Want to put quilt together with fabric strips and just don't know what to use... I do not want to take away from the fabric I used on the butterflies just can't figure it out. I appreciate this group and know an idea will appear. :wink:

CissyQuilts 10-23-2008 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by bebe
I would use a solid from the Aunt Gracie line. I like the idea of a lavender or light green. If you use solids it will make it look like old fashion. great looking butterflies :D

Yes, I agree with BeBe. I would use a light green color for the sashing around the blocks. It's going to be a beautiful quilt! Please post photos of your progress! :D

sewjoyce 10-23-2008 04:37 PM

Beautiful blocks!!

I would use either the same fabric on which you stitched your butterflies or a light solid so as not to detract from the gorgeous work you've done!

vjquilter 10-23-2008 05:35 PM

I think that a solid pink would look nice! I would cut the sashing strips in 3" widths and sew them to the sides of the blocks. Then sew the blocks together in rows of 3 blocks each. Next, sew a 3" strip to the row across the top and then sew the rows together so you have 4 rows with 3 blocks in each row. Sew another 3" strip to the top on the left and the right sides and then on the top and the bottom. Add another 1 1/2" strip of a contrasting color (white or yellow or lavender) to sides, then top and bottom again. Finally, sew on a border about 7 or 8" wide to sides then top and bottom.

Please post pics when you are done! I would love to see how it turns out!

Elizabeth A. 10-24-2008 05:06 AM

Since you want it to fade into the back so the beautiful butterflies and all your handiwork shows up, what about the neutral you used as the background fabric? Or perhaps an off white? No matter what I'd think a solid or a blender is your best bet.

treasurelady 10-25-2008 04:53 PM

I also agree with Bebe. A light green would give it that 30's look. Lovely design. You're quite talented.

Linda