Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need suggestions for a quilt pattern for our QRU (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-suggestions-quilt-pattern-our-qru-t103153.html)

luvTooQuilt 02-25-2011 11:55 PM

I am honored to have been asked by our local QRU (Quick Response Unit) to make a queen size quilt to be auctioned off this summer- proceeds to keep our Unit operational and running. Now this may not seem like much of a big deal but it is to me.. My late MIL was one of the FIRST starting up QRU members, and remained a member till she was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away .. It is because of her, and after her death that I found the love for quilting.. Now I want to honor her memory somehow in this quilt.. Mom loved pigs..I have lots of pig fabric but need a pattern with a WOW effect but not extremely difficult.. Any suggestions with pics???

gal288 02-26-2011 02:10 AM

Memory wreath block at quilterscache would be nice

dakotamaid 02-26-2011 04:23 AM

I love the way you want to incorporate your MILs memory in this quilt. Unless many of the unit remember her I would do something else. I have found that in our area raffle quilts made with star blocks attract more buyers and current colors attract more buyers. Just my thought for the day.:)

katiescraftshop 02-26-2011 04:35 AM

To show off your many pigs and add pleasing colors, maybe: Toad in a puddle, Han and Chicks, Children's Delight or Puss in the Corner. (that last one I made in memory of with Angels. These patterns are in one of my favorite books Quilts from The Quilt Makers Gift.

Good luck with the project. It's a wonderful thing to do.

karen65ae 02-26-2011 06:11 AM

Have to agree with dakotamaid ....you really need to make something that most of the community would like... Think you would be limiting the people that will participate in a auction for a quilt with pigs on it ( I love pigs but )
maybe you could make a pig quilt for a family member in memory of your MIL.

karen65ae 02-26-2011 06:11 AM

Have to agree with dakotamaid ....you really need to make something that most of the community would like... Think you would be limiting the people that will participate in a auction for a quilt with pigs on it ( I love pigs but )
maybe you could make a pig quilt for a family member in memory of your MIL.

bev fry 02-26-2011 08:52 AM

what is the pattern of your avatar quilt? it is so pretty and I love the colors

dunster 02-26-2011 08:56 AM

If you would like to make a Diamond Log Cabin Star quilt, I will gladly donate a pattern to the cause.

dakotamaid 02-26-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
If you would like to make a Diamond Log Cabin Star quilt, I will gladly donate a pattern to the cause.

Wow, that should get peoples attention. Those are gorgeous!

bev fry 02-26-2011 09:09 AM

I bought this pattern from you last fall, haven't made it yet but love it. if you could possibly post a pic of the one you made in pink again I would really appreciate it.