Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   nees sewing machine info please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nees-sewing-machine-info-please-t96747.html)

Somerset Val 02-09-2011 08:55 AM

Elna/Janome are excellent machines.

delma_paulk 02-18-2011 11:09 AM

google it!

deanneellen 02-18-2011 11:21 AM

I had an Elna for almost 40 years that I bought in the 70's for about $300. About 5 years ago I decided to upgrade and bought a Janome 4900 Memory Craft. I finally had to send my beloved Elna to my daughter in San Diego so I would be forced to use my new machine! After so long with the same machine I knew every little bit and piece of that machine and was so comfortable with it. The new machine was a steep learning curve for me because the Elna was mechanical and the Janome is electronic. My daughter has strict instructions that the machine is to stay in the family. I love my "new" machine now but it was so hard in the beginning to stay away from my old friend. The Elna brand has always been very dependable and reliable. I had very few problems with my Elna through the years.

QUILTHER 02-23-2011 03:14 PM

My Janome 6600P has a 25 yr warranty. But I pay the labor. My Janome is a 1600.00 machine.
Diane/Wyoming

grammysews4u 02-23-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
No typo it has a 25 yr warranty limited parts I'm assuming. Service for life is also true as the owner is in his late 70's and said til the end of his life not the machines!

thats what eleanor burns uses,but i dont know any thing about them,it looks like a nice machine on her show, but hers would be top of the line

QUILTHER 02-23-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by grammysews4u

No typo it has a 25 yr warranty limited parts I'm assuming. Service for life is also true as the owner is in his late 70's and said til the end of his life not the machines!

thats what eleanor burns uses,but i dont know any thing about them,it looks like a nice machine on her show, but hers would be top of the line

Eleanor promotes BabyLock now.

grammysews4u 02-23-2011 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by QUILTHER

Originally Posted by grammysews4u

Eleanor promotes BabyLock now.

your right I forgot that,thanks for the update

babyfireo4 02-26-2011 05:14 PM

Update: I did get the Elna 5200! I love it! The free motion is lots of fun to learn and have finished 2 quilts on it and made one from scratch!

maryb119 02-26-2011 05:25 PM

Elna is a good brand of machine. I have had several students who used them and loved the machine.

LivelyLady 02-26-2011 05:44 PM

If I could justify buying another after just purchasing a Janome 3 years ago, I would definitely grab the Janome Horizon. Test drive one.....you'll love it!!