Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Neglected Sewing Machine..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/neglected-sewing-machine-t88425.html)

Airwick156 01-07-2011 11:38 AM

Well, I warmed up my Brother...he's a happy fella now.I warmed him up real good. And he even said he wasn't too mad at me, that he knew I would come back to warm him up. I sewed twelve units of the 7 strips for the black and white fabric fling I am making for a wedding gift. And then him and I compromised on a plan...as long as I promise not to let him get tooo cold, he won't mind me spending alot of time on this site. And I in turn told him I would make sure to cover him up when he's not being used that way he doesn't get sick on me. Sooooooooooo after telling Brother Thank you for all your hard work, I unplugged the boy and covered him up with another WIP. And now he won't be cold. :) I just love having one on one conversations with my sewing machine..even if hubby and the dogs thinks I'm nuts. hehe

susiequilt 01-07-2011 11:47 AM

I try to alternate machines to help prevent them from getting envious of each other!
They both give me a dirty look when I am on here instead of playing with them!

Airwick156 01-07-2011 11:55 AM

I only have one machine. But someday and I hope that someday comes soon, I want to get another sewing machine.

Up North 01-07-2011 11:57 AM

If I forget to turn my machine off he beeps at me when I turn on the light to let me know he is here!! LOL

Quilter7x 01-07-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Well, I warmed up my Brother...he's a happy fella now.I warmed him up real good. And he even said he wasn't too mad at me, that he knew I would come back to warm him up. I sewed twelve units of the 7 strips for the black and white fabric fling I am making for a wedding gift. And then him and I compromised on a plan...as long as I promise not to let him get tooo cold, he won't mind me spending alot of time on this site. And I in turn told him I would make sure to cover him up when he's not being used that way he doesn't get sick on me. Sooooooooooo after telling Brother Thank you for all your hard work, I unplugged the boy and covered him up with another WIP. And now he won't be cold. :) I just love having one on one conversations with my sewing machine..even if hubby and the dogs thinks I'm nuts. hehe

I think you should make a sewing machine cover for your little Brother. Then you would be using him and covering him properly when he's not being used. Deal? :thumbup:

Maia B 01-07-2011 12:03 PM

The next cool sm feature will be on board QB updates and communication.

PegD 01-07-2011 01:04 PM

I think alot of us can relate.

Melinda in Tulsa 01-07-2011 03:06 PM

I think most of us here suffer with same affliction! :lol:

anniesews 01-08-2011 05:57 AM

We need a 12 step program. I have the same adiction.
This is the first thing I check before I start my day.
Annie :-(

craftymatt2 01-08-2011 08:39 AM

OMG, I love this site and all the people. I feel like I am one of all of you. I spend hours on this site, its the next day before I know it. I forgot to sleep. I don't feel tired, no wonder I forgot to sleep.