Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Never again!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/never-again-t171204.html)

tlclifford47 12-08-2011 10:28 AM

I am so proud of myself this Christmas. I am not making any quilts for anyone!!!!!!!!! But, after Christmas I will start quilting again. I have 3 waiting to be cut out. Every time I walk past my sewing room I hear them calling my name " Tracy please cut us out" LOL I just shut the door. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Raggiemom 12-08-2011 10:57 AM

With just moving last month, I knew there was absolutely no way I would get the quilts done for my sisters so I took pictures of the fabric and a copy of the pattern and wrapped that for them! Of course, had I started the quilts in February as was my attention, this wouldn't have been a problem!

Painiacs 12-08-2011 11:04 AM

I'm doing the same this year! I feel sooo rushed! I hate being rushed!!!!!

Bobbielinks 12-08-2011 11:15 AM

I do not do well under pressure. Thank goodness all my quilt customers know to schedule their Christmas quilts well in advance because I try really hard not to take customer quilts in December. That being said, this year I did agree to quilt 6 baby quilts in December (for my very first quilt customer 11 years ago), but they are not for Christmas so that gives me a little leeway.

Just stay focused and I know you will get your quilts completed. Then in January you can start on Christmas 2012.

JanTx 12-08-2011 11:31 AM

I'll be working until the last minute, but a few months ago I made a list of projects I needed done by Christmas and ... have pretty much finished up. I've done 4 quilts - 2 twins and the other large laps. Some have been on the backs of rocking chairs long enough to feel like they should stay there! My mother is getting a table topper with 6 placemats and napkins. Then a friend had the gall to have a daughter getting married - Saturday and another friend had the gall to have a child having a baby in early January. The very idea! :) All I have left to do is bind the twins and finish 3 placemats. I'll get it done!

JanieH 12-08-2011 11:37 AM

I was going to visit a friend in New Mexico and she invited another mutual friend. I decided 8 days before leaving, "Wouldn't it be fun if I made Thanksgiving quilts for us?" Must have been out of my mind because I also had a day of jury duty and 3 doctor appointments scheduled. I did get them done but did them envelope style so no binding and tied them. They did turn out nicely and we had lots of fun with our "cuddle" quilts, and all our cats have settled in on them in our respective homes so it turned out well. But I echo, "Never again!"

Meme2six 12-08-2011 11:43 AM

I have one quilt top made and the fabric for two others for my three daughters. Luckily, we are having our get together on 12/30 so I have extra time to make them!

baglady65 12-08-2011 12:50 PM

Christmas come the same time every year why do we wait??? LOL

Doreen 12-08-2011 12:52 PM

We all seem to work better under pressure! Where do we find the time?

SherryW 12-08-2011 12:58 PM

I had five to make for grandchildren this year. Started in January and finally finished in October. I never know how much sewing time will be available.