Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Ballarat Patchwork Shop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-ballarat-patchwork-shop-t53373.html)

Shaz 07-08-2010 12:45 AM

Last week a couple of friends and I were in Ballarat and were told about a new Patchwork Shop (4 months old)... of course a must visit was immediately on the agenda while in town..... Wow what an incredible array, in a wonderfully light and bright (natural light) shop. I bought a lovely panel with Peonies on it. Came home and couldn't leave it alone so after a lot of playing and drafting came up with a plan for my quilt. Today hubby took a friend and myself back up to Ballarat to visit this new shop and I was able to get the accompanying fabrics for the panel in the amounts I require. This lady is so refreshing to talk to and sees things through a different set of eyes as she does not sew..... yep that is right she is not a sewer, but she just loves and is addicted to colour and fabrics. She is currently working on getting a website up and running so when she does I'll let you know as the variety she carries as well as the various ranges for shadow play is incredible. I used EQ6 to aid in my designing and had my print out with me, she has asked me if she could buy a copy of my pattern when it is done. I'm so excited I can't believe that someone would think it good enough to want to buy. Just have to make it now.

mosaicthinking 07-08-2010 02:07 AM

That's fantastic! Well done and thanks for letting us know.

What was the price range at the shop? Anything under $10/metre? That's my self-imposed upper limit unless its something really special.

beachlady 07-08-2010 03:28 AM

The panel sounds beautiful. Please post your progress.

mlaceruby 07-08-2010 03:33 AM

Love Peonies!
can't wait to see your quilt!

dkabasketlady 07-08-2010 05:25 AM

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see your finished quilt! You have to finish now, someone wants your pattern, yeah!!!

amma 07-08-2010 08:12 AM

Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait to see your quilt :D:D:D

sueisallaboutquilts 07-09-2010 07:56 AM

Me too!!!!!! I adore Peonies!!! :D:D

Shaz 07-09-2010 04:11 PM

A Botanist I am NOT!! and to make it worse I just got new glasses. Working with my fabric yesterday and what should the word written along the side say...... Lotus. mmmm ok so it is a lotus quilt not a peony quilt.
My friends came out to visit and informed me that I probably had Peony stuck in my brain as the patchwork shop lady has been cultivating peonies for 15 years.
Son just informs me I've got 'oldtimers' disease setting in... bless him. So if I've led any of you up the wrong garden path I'm sorry.
I think I'll just change the quilt name to adjustable panels or something.

littlehud 07-11-2010 11:27 AM

Congrats. Please show us your quilt when you get it done.

Rainy Day 07-15-2010 11:43 PM

(quote)I'm so excited I can't believe that someone would think it good enough to want to buy.

Shaz, please accept that you have talent! And charge accordingly - copyright the design and ask for residuals if anyone uses in a profit situation. Cheers
Rainy COLD Day
PS Could you post address of shop - I am racing in Ballarat in August.