Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   new brother innovis 450q (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-brother-innovis-450q-t68021.html)

dar627742 10-03-2010 06:29 AM

just boughtthis on 9/1 and don't know if it's me or the machine! the only way i can see the last 2 thread guides is to raise the machine w/ something,[i'musing my tv remote ,can't find the rubberdoor stops i bought ]it is really a pain! & the "bright light "is so dim that i can hardly tell if it's on ! called dealer yesterday& i have a yr to exchange it & get full price credit,but next one up is $1499.00![i paid $599.00for the 450q]i am not happy w/this machine,but can't afford to drive nearly an hr to take lessons[i don't drive much anymore ,so it makes it worse]i am going to try it out a while longer,he suggests i wait for the replacement fof the 650q which isn't out yet.i've done so much research on machines that they are all running together!i would be willing to go up to $1000.00,but doesn't look like i'll find one for that price.& after the 650q, they all seem to be sewing/embroidery machines,which i really don't care about.
thanx for letting me vent[again] if anyone has any suggestions,i'm open to ay & all!
dar

dar627742 10-03-2010 06:34 AM

this dealer only sells brothers

sharon b 10-03-2010 06:35 AM

Sadly the bright lights have gone away with the light bulbs in the machines - now most are the LEDs

Not sure what you mean you can't see to thread the machine- do you have it sitting up too high ? can you set it up on a lower area

Have you read the manual ? I read mine and still missed several things about my machine which is a Brother CS6000i :oops: As I thought I knew all I needed to know and didn't have to "read" the book- just more or less skimmed it :? LOL

Candace 10-03-2010 08:06 AM

How about getting a better room or spot light? If poor lighting is the machines' only fault, you can rectify that easily.

featherweight 10-03-2010 10:05 AM

Get youself an Ott Light. I am sure you won't be sorry.

dar627742 10-11-2010 12:37 PM

i don't know how to take pics,so i will try to explain what i mean aboutnot being ble to see to thread the needle...the front of the machine curves out so far that it's like the needle is set way back,so i either have to stand on my head[slight exageration]or raise the front of the machine at leastan inch plus.it has an auto-threader[thank heaven] but the last 2-3 moves[?]are set too far back to see clearly.clear as mud,huh?i'm hopingto get better as i go,but very frustrated right now
thanx AGAIN for letting me vent
dar

np3 10-11-2010 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by dar627742
i don't know how to take pics,so i will try to explain what i mean aboutnot being ble to see to thread the needle...the front of the machine curves out so far that it's like the needle is set way back,so i either have to stand on my head[slight exageration]or raise the front of the machine at leastan inch plus.it has an auto-threader[thank heaven] but the last 2-3 moves[?]are set too far back to see clearly.clear as mud,huh?i'm hopingto get better as i go,but very frustrated right now
thanx AGAIN for letting me vent
dar

Mine is back a bit, but it became easier as I got used to the new machine. Don't give up.