Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-fabrics-t89526.html)

Becky Crafts 01-11-2011 06:16 AM

I ordered some new fabrics & got them yesterday. First of all, the packet they came in had gotten wet, one end was torn apart & the carrier put it all in a plastic bag. Thankfully the shipper had wrapped the fabric in plastic & it's fine, but OMG does it stink!!! Very potent chemical smell!! I've got to wash it before I work with it because it'll knock you over it stinks so bad! Has anyone else had this problem?

Momma_K 01-11-2011 06:20 AM

I've orderd loads of fabrics and never had that problem...I'd make a call and demand a refund before doing anything with it. :hunf:

featherweight 01-11-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I've orderd loads of fabrics and never had that problem...I'd make a call and demand a refund before doing anything with it. :hunf:

Me too, if it isn't packaged any better than that I wouldn't take it. Send it back and let them smell it!!!

:thumbdown:

Texasjunebug 01-11-2011 07:30 AM

Which shipper delivered it in that condition - can't believe FedEx, UPS, or USPS would have expected you to accept it.

Raggiemom 01-11-2011 07:37 AM

That's too bad. I don't think I've ever had that problem. I think I would call the quilt shop you bought from and ask them about it. If you do keep it, maybe you could wash it with a strong detergent like Gain and dry it with Bounce. Maybe that would help.

wolph33 01-11-2011 07:39 AM

never had that happen,yet

CarrieAnne 01-11-2011 07:42 AM

No never had that problem. The only fabric I know that stinks is pleather. PHEW. Very chemically stinky stuff....dontknow how anyone could sew or wear it!

Mattee 01-11-2011 09:22 AM

USPS does that to me all the time! Our carrier is the one who damages it! She shoves things in our box that don't really fit, bending and folding things that say "do not bend," and even unwraps things to make them fit. No one seems to care, though.

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
Which shipper delivered it in that condition - can't believe FedEx, UPS, or USPS would have expected you to accept it.

luvTooQuilt 01-11-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mattee
USPS does that to me all the time! Our carrier is the one who damages it! She shoves things in our box that don't really fit, bending and folding things that say "do not bend," and even unwraps things to make them fit. No one seems to care, though.

Make a call to the post office about the mishandling of the packages...

DebbyT 01-11-2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mattee

You are required to provide a mailbox large enough to accomidate the size of mail you normaly receive, per DMM. If it dosen't fit, on a city rt, the carrier is suppose to attempt door delivery. Otherwise return it to the PO for customer pick-up. On a rural rt, the carrier should return it to the PO for pick-up. I would report any damage caused by a carrier immediatly to the local PO to prevent future issues. Definatly talk to the carrier if you are familiar with him/her. Give them alternate instructions.