Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New iron ??? Oliso Pro Smart Iron or Euro Steam Next Generation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-iron-oliso-pro-smart-iron-euro-steam-next-generation-t256710.html)

PghPat 11-12-2014 02:58 PM

New iron ??? Oliso Pro Smart Iron or Euro Steam Next Generation

I know where to go when I have questions about anything related to quilting or sewing.

I don't use a piece of fabric or sew a single seam without using my iron. I have decided to splurge and get myself a good iron. All the irons I have bought have worked but every one of them have some fluky thing that drives me crazy. Can anyone here give me their thoughts on this? Have you used either of them or known someone that has? I'd love your input!

Thank you! Pat

QuiltMom2 11-12-2014 03:00 PM

The Oliso Pro gets my vote, like the thirty minute shut off one.

ube quilting 11-12-2014 05:05 PM

I love my Reliable Velocity, Never drips, leaks or spurts and has an over ride for the auto shut off so it can be used both ways. It is an expensive iron but well worth it if it last even more than a few years.
peace

MFord 11-12-2014 05:08 PM

That's a very good question! I have a Rowenta that works well enough but is heavy, and I have arthritis in both hands. I'd like to know of a good iron that's lightweight, if anyone can recommend one.

peaceandjoy 11-12-2014 05:22 PM

I've been looking at the Oliso, but haven't committed yet. I'll never touch another Rowenta!

Dolphyngyrl 11-12-2014 06:34 PM

Let me know because most expensive ones have mixed reviews. I have seen mixed reviews on all major brands pretty across the board which leads me to believe there is no quality control on anything anymore

MarLeClair 11-12-2014 06:54 PM

At our guild meeting this was the topic of conversation. No one had anything good to say about the Rowenta, and the Reliable got great reviews.

Silver Needle 11-12-2014 09:36 PM

I like my Euro Steam. I have had it a year and it never spits. I mostly use it for putting a fresh press on before I longarm a quilt or for pressing quilt backs and yard goods. I always empty it and refill with purchased drinking water before each use, I have a Panasonic portable cordless iron I use when piecing. I use Best Press or water in a 3 oz. hair spray spritzer bottle from Sally's Beauty Supply rather than steam. The little bottles produce a fine mist exactly where you want it and makes the Best Press go a lot farther.

MadQuilter 11-12-2014 10:51 PM

I read the reviews on the Oliso and decided that they weren't good enough to spend that kind of money on an iron. I have 2 Sharks. One I keep for steam (primarily clothes) and one I keep dry (and for travel). They cost about $24 each and if they last 2 years I'll be fine with it. Both heat up fast and do a good job.

JENNR8R 11-13-2014 12:15 AM

I've had a Euro for nearly three years. If anything ever happened to it, I'd buy another immediately. Their customer service is exceptional too.