Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Janome Horizon 12000 Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-janome-horizon-12000-sewing-machine-t150268.html)

MamaHen 09-04-2011 03:47 AM

How many have seen the video of the new Janome 12000 sewing/embroidery machine? It was unveiled yesterday. It looks like a great machine, slightly larger than our Horizons with the embroidery feature, able to use a very large hoop. Waiting on more details and of course the all important price?
Any guesses? Mine guess is somewhere from $12,00 to $14,000.

Gabs 09-04-2011 03:48 AM

Out of my league!

nance-ell 09-04-2011 04:00 AM

I saw the video and although the machine is impressive, I don't think I would want it. I have the 7700 and am happy so far with it. If I ever want an embroidery machine, I will want that separately, so it can be doing it's thing while I'm still sewing on my Horizon!

As for price, I've seen two sites that are estimating $9,500. At unveiling, my immediate guess was the $5,000-7,500 range, but could go up to $10,000. Personally, if I ever spend that range of $$, it will be on a mid or long arm set up with a frame.

MamaHen 09-04-2011 05:16 AM

I also have the Horizon 7700 and the 350E embroidery machine and am very please with both of them. I also have a Handi Quilter Avante so I am well set with machines, just thought it was interesting and wondering about price because it must be going to cost more than my Handi Qulter. I wouldn't trade in any machine that is working great. I guess each year they will come out with someting bigger and better! We can all drool.

Candace 09-04-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by MamaHen
How many have seen the video of the new Janome 12000 sewing/embroidery machine? It was unveiled yesterday. It looks like a great machine, slightly larger than our Horizons with the embroidery feature, able to use a very large hoop. Waiting on more details and of course the all important price?
Any guesses? Mine guess is somewhere from $12,00 to $14,000.

No way it will be that much. That would be more than the Bernina 830, and Janome is a lower price point then Bernina.

LyndaK 10-03-2011 05:13 AM

I'm not that impressed with the new one. I have the 11000 and that's what I'll stay with. I'm sewing on vintage Singers at the present time, and using my Janome for embroidery. I also have a stand alone embroidery machine. I won't be replacing the 11000. If it breaks down, I'll just use the older machines for sewing and the MB4 for embroidery. Need to cull the "herd" here a bit, and buying new machines isn't in my budget.

I'm wondering though, with the recession hitting so hard, how many new machines they'll sell. I know there are sewists who will buy the new one because it's new and they can afford it. I also know that some people finance sewing machines. I cannot justify a machine that would equal the price of a used car, a kitchen reno, or in some cases, almost a downpayment on a small home.....makes me wonder.......But, they must figure they can sell them. And I hope those that buy them enjoy them and share their experiences so we can all live vicariously through them:) I'm hearing $9200 for a price point.......without trade in.

MamaHen 10-03-2011 05:23 AM

Read on some blog yesterday that a shop had the 12000 priced at around $12,000- wish I could remember which one. That is a lot of money!!!! Too much for my blood, I would rather upgrade to a larger longarm.

Candace 10-03-2011 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by MamaHen
Read on some blog yesterday that a shop had the 12000 priced at around $12,000- wish I could remember which one. That is a lot of money!!!! Too much for my blood, I would rather upgrade to a larger longarm.

It was clarified in another thread that 12 is the MSRp and they're selling at 9 grand. Why even say the price is 12 if they're going out the door for 9? Stoooopid. Anyway, I hope someone here gets one and fills us in on how amazing it is!!!

TexasGurl 05-22-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 4360074)
It was clarified in another thread that 12 is the MSRp and they're selling at 9 grand. Why even say the price is 12 if they're going out the door for 9? Stoooopid. Anyway, I hope someone here gets one and fills us in on how amazing it is!!!

Latest $ I've seen is $8999 ... price coming down a bit, probably not selling a whole lot of them, with the economy. Might as well buy a longarm for just a few K more !
Janome's "pricing" seems to go much like they did for the 7700, dealers here first listed them for $3,500 firm ... but within just a couple of months, here at the Houston show at least, they were wheelin and dealin them for $2,000-2,500 ... Go figure, it's like working with car dealers !!

BellaBoo 05-22-2012 10:23 AM

I'm blessed to buy it if I want to, but I don't want to spend that much money on a home sewing machine. I get the same feeling when I see the price tags on the new machines that I get when I see a purse that sells for over $1000. Really?