Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Juki 2200QVP-S - Merry Christmas to me!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-juki-2200qvp-s-merry-christmas-me-t273676.html)

DogHouseMom 12-24-2015 11:57 AM

New Juki 2200QVP-S - Merry Christmas to me!!

So ... On Saturday I was quilting a piece and my machine (Janome 6600) was giving me fits. I did all the normal stuff to get it to work and finally decided it needed to see the doctor. My husband volunteered to go with me to carry the machine into the shop.

We enter the shop right behind two other people bringing machines in so I had to wait a bit while they were writing up those machines, and I started wandering around the store ... specifically in the machine department.

My husband pointed to the new Juki sit-down quilting machine and said "you want one of those right?". He knows I've been researching sit-downs and toying with the idea of selling my long arm (which I never use!) and getting a sit-down machine. I found I much prefer free motion quilting to frame quilting.

I told him there was plenty of time to get one, then the owner came over and whispered a price in my ear that I couldn't resist. As I said, I've been researching ALL of the sit-down machines, and the Juki, the Sweet 16, and the George were my top three ... for different reasons. The price he whispered ... was too good to be true.

I liked the Juki for the following reasons: HUGE harp space (18" long and a whole 10" high), lighting is awesome, built in bobbin winder with an independent motor, direct drive motor (no belt), thread cutter, simplicity, and the biggest reason is that my LQS is a dealer so the support and service are local. I've also heard great reviews of Juki machines in general. I wasn't interested in a stitch regulator so no big deal that Juki doesn't have one.

So ... I am the proud owner of the Juki 2200QVP-S sit down quilting machine .... I spent a few hours working out the tension, practiced a bunch of stuff ... and I ready to rock-and-roll!!

maryb119 12-24-2015 12:11 PM

Lucky girl!!!! Enjoy the new machine! Sounds like DH is a keeper!

Jordan 12-24-2015 12:29 PM

Congratulations! Very happy for you. Maryb is right-your husband is a keeper!!

DogHouseMom 12-24-2015 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119 (Post 7412854)
Sounds like DH is a keeper!

Oh I could have told you that before I got the machine :)

ManiacQuilter2 12-24-2015 01:08 PM

What a lovely present from your husband. I hope you enjoy your new sit down machine.

notmorecraft 12-24-2015 01:11 PM

Wow, Merry Christmas, enjoy xx

faykilgore 12-24-2015 01:18 PM

Congrats and enjoy! I would love to have one but am space challenged!

QuiltingVagabond 12-24-2015 01:30 PM

Merry Christmas to you! I was seriously considering the Juki but ended up getting the Sweet 16. Enjoy playing with your new toy.

lyndaj 12-24-2015 03:46 PM

Congratulations and Merry Christmas to you.

toverly 12-24-2015 03:54 PM

Have an awesome time with your new machine. That is the one I have had my eye on. Congrats.